• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st time overclocking i7 7700K, pls help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samfisher4000

Hi everyone!
I'm new to OC CPU, i try to oc my i7 7700K to 4.8GHz or 5.0GHz but it's all end up with crash dump or can't boot up to Windows!
My mainboard is MSI Z270 Gaming M5 and ram is Gskill TridentZ RGB, i really need help, someone use this mobo & cpu can share me the bios profile or picture of the bios's OC session , i appreciate it!
Thanks and sorry for my bad english :(

- - - Updated - - -

Ah my Vcore is 1.320 and Multipler is X48, Ring Ratio is X46, LLC Mode 4, i also try the Game Boost feature but end up with dump crash!
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit :(

I'd keep it to 1.4V or less for 24/7, only use as much as you need when checking stability.
Keep a watch on your core temperature as well, don't want it going much over 90°C.

Get OCCT seems to be helping me out. Run a 30 minute test, i want mine colder already delidded they just get so hot. I finally got stable at 4.9 but she gets a little warm
EspfUu2.png

The OCCT team recommends 3 hrs. of stress testing with large data set to be reasonably certain of stability. 80c max core t emps is no problem.

Back