• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Smart M 1200w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would trust any review about PSU's from BobNova. He knows his stuff. However I will say that unit is over 5 years old. You would likely get something better from a newer model.

for the price is either a g1 1000w which has 200w less or for 20usd more a Rosewill quark which is Platinum

Both of those units are fantastic. I would go with which ever is the better price. Both of those even have a 5 year warranty.

I plan using 3 r9 290 (or more) but the Thermaltake is still appealing since it has 200w more than the EVGA but it is bronze and has worse ripple

Have you considered the EVGA G2 1300? It's not too much more & is a really great unit with a 10 year warranty.

The P2 1200w is a personal favourite, but is a bit more expensive.

I plan using 3 r9 290 (or more) but the Thermaltake is still appealing since it has 200w more than the EVGA but it is bronze and has worse ripple

What is the application of this build. Triple crossfire is sketchy at best. Those are also old cards at this point.

well I went with the RM1000x but it seems that until I dont get the other cards it will not start its fan

Back