• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are MB waterblocks no longer needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm running one of the ASUS water cooled MBs, actually picked it up for under 300 bucks. Figured why not?

Same here. Im running an Asus Maximus IX Formula. Like the board thus far, but cant say I have seen any recognizable improvements. So as said above, its all just fluff and for show.

IMG_20170414_192432_zps5xtkrqus.jpg

IMG_20170414_194114_zpszieteu4j.jpg

IMG_20170407_132636_zpsunm6tyfu.jpg

I watercool everything to make my system completely silent.
Man the upgrade to a Ryzen/Vega system is going to be expensive. Maybe I can get something for my current rig.
IMG_0402.JPG

Water cooling the VRM's may not help anything, but I like mine being 29c and not 48c. Unfortunately my monoblock doesn't water cool the PCH. It still runs in the 40's. What I need water cooled is my M2 drive. It's right under the GPU's and right now is at 46c, but the system is outside of a case now so no air is flowing over it. IMHO. the GPU's are the components that benefit the most from water. My load temps are half what they were on air. 1080 FTW's that won't even hit 40c at 100% load. On air my top GPU was always like 11c hotter than the second one. Now it is 2c cooler than the second. I wish the CPU temps were cut like that.

Back