• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are MB waterblocks no longer needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxfly

I have been out of the game for a few years so it may be an obvious answer that im just not privy to but are chipsets and fets no longer molten hot components on newer mbs? Does it no longer help to increase/stabilize a solid oc by increasing the cooling on said components? i havent seen much in the way of mosfet or chipset cooling in the watercooling world so my assumption is that it doesnt help to watercool them today?

I haven't needed them, even with my fx8350's and 9590, lots of airflow does the trick, mostly blingy and I would like to find one for my chvf-z board to complete the blingy thingy.

Motherboard and chipset blocks by in larger were never needed. Now I did run VRM block on my Gigabyte 990FX boards back in the day, but I was crushing the VRMs on those with my god awful hot BD 8 cores.

Yup, there have been monoblocks being swung around. Some folks are interested in those because, why not. lol

That Asus board is probably one of the best water cooling boards I've ever seen.

I really wanted to get this but my cheapness won out in the end and I just re-used my old cpu waterblock. It looks so nice, but I just couldn't see any benefit other than looks.

I really wanted to get this but my cheapness won out in the end and I just re-used my old cpu waterblock. It looks so nice, but I just couldn't see any benefit other than looks.

I'm glad I have an AIO after seeing that, because it's not in my budget, but if I could put it on my board I probably would. LOL

Oh you can do some damage on AIR, but it's so close and worried about 5 degree's and it making a difference. what's something better than nt-h1 that's about the closest to mx-4 best I've used, I don't know lapped the 8320 almost a mirror finish with 800/1000 grit and like a tiny amount a dot etc., 2000rpm corsair fan in the middle of the d14 and that 140mm in the front, Think I need a meaner 140, prop up a 120 in the back I don't have any clips man...make a difference between locking up in passmark or cb at 5ghz this here haha.

That Asus board is probably one of the best water cooling boards I've ever seen.

wow! that is a sweet mb. the ability to monitor flow temps in and out is killer. i could see the monoblock solutions getting really popular if they could find a way to bring the prices in line with a high end cpu or gpu block. it doesnt look unrealistic after looking at them. they are essentially just adding a small mosfet block to a modified cpu block. i wonder how well they perform? i really like the temp probe integration as well as the leds. that could be the wave of the future if the performance is in line with high end cpu blocks. after all temps rule.

Oh you can do some damage on AIR, but it's so close and worried about 5 degree's and it making a difference. what's something better than nt-h1 that's about the closest to mx-4 best I've used, I don't know lapped the 8320 almost a mirror finish with 800/1000 grit and like a tiny amount a dot etc., 2000rpm corsair fan in the middle of the d14 and that 140mm in the front, Think I need a meaner 140, prop up a 120 in the back I don't have any clips man...make a difference between locking up in passmark or cb at 5ghz this here haha.

What in the hell are you on again?! :facepalm: This is not the first time you've gone off the rails.

wow! that is a sweet mb. the ability to monitor flow temps in and out is killer. i could see the monoblock solutions getting really popular if they could find a way to bring the prices in line with a high end cpu or gpu block. it doesnt look unrealistic after looking at them. they are essentially just adding a small mosfet block to a modified cpu block. i wonder how well they perform? i really like the temp probe integration as well as the leds. that could be the wave of the future if the performance is in line with high end cpu blocks. after all temps rule.

I competely agree. Only time will tell if monoblocks become the main thing and CPU blocks take a seat.

I also hope the pricing gets better over time which I believe will.

Who needs water? and do you really want and need water though, isn't Perfection on AIR So much Neater?

- - - Updated - - -

What in the hell are you on again?! :facepalm: This is not the first time you've gone off the rails.

Off the Rails on right haha

Back