• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] Overclocking Phenom IIx4 960T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No having v-droop won't hurt anything. That 2.8v is just a false reading.

No having v-droop won't hurt anything. That 2.8v is just a false reading.

NICE! hehehe i just stop dialing the clocks up... I'm now at 3.5GHz
pass 30mins of Prime95 and also played some online game SMITE
will continue on Wednesday :D

Since you are stopping ramping up the clocks(for now), you may want to do a 2hr blend test in P95 just to ensure stability.

Will be doing that now... but i just played online games on it last Monday no crash/error
and I have a question... if i ran Prime95 can I still browse the internet? using google chrome
or even watch a movie? 2hours of Prime95 would kinda be boring XD
I know I can't do games while running Prime95 on it cause that would be taxing on my cpu hehehe

Last edited:
so generally, if I run Prime95... that would be Prime95 all alone...
That's what I do. I do run a hardware monitoring program as well, and a tightvnc server. That's just so I can vnc from my phone and check temps and such if I want to not have to go down to the basement. Then I can keep beating my children....

3.5GHz passed and stable... tried to bump up more multiplier and went 3.6GHz same cpu core voltage
ran Prime95 for 30mins and 1 core just stopped working... so does it mean i have to raise more voltage here?

EDIT: Raised the cpu core voltage to 1.330v from 1.325v and ran Prime95 at 30mins no core failure
as I continue 1 core failed and stop working and as i checked the timer Prime95 ran 45mins...
I will try to increase more cpu core voltage and run Prime95 again

Last edited:
3.5GHz passed and stable... tried to bump up more multiplier and went 3.6GHz same cpu core voltage
ran Prime95 for 30mins and 1 core just stopped working... so does it mean i have to raise more voltage here?

EDIT: Raised the cpu core voltage to 1.330v from 1.325v and ran Prime95 at 30mins no core failure
as I continue 1 core failed and stop working and as i checked the timer Prime95 ran 45mins...
I will try to increase more cpu core voltage and run Prime95 again
Keep doing what you're doing. Stress test, pass "raise multi" Fail, "add voltage" rinse repeat until you max out temps.

Just finished 3.7GHz @ 1.356v ran 30mins stable with Prime95 also turned LLC to High so avoid voltage droop
I am at 18.5 multi and will dial up more... I have been itching to touch the FSB ratio and dial it high XD
also I have tried messing around with it and DRAM freq goes high seeing unusual freq like 1599mhz
but I didn't saved it... any advice on what timings my ram would be? currently running 11-11-11-28-36-1T @1600mhz
and if I ran into unusual ram freq what voltage should I put?

Thanks in advance

Change one thing at a time. So if using the FSB to Oc drop the Dram speed to a known stable speed and the HT Link/Nb Freq to stock. This way you if it gets unstable you'll have a better idea of what is causing it.

i guess i can't hit 4.0GHz... even at 1.45 - 1.50v vcore any from the 4cores will just stop working on Prime95 at 5mins test...
tried x20 as cpu multiplier... and also using the fsb where as limiting my HT and NB near stock.. only cpu core voltage has been adjusted here and nothing more.. ram frequency also limit to 1333mhz..
then also worrying from the heat I might damage my board... and it's summer here it's really hot...

I'm just curious, if i clock my cpu to 3.8GHz would it still bottleneck an Asus RX480 strix? cause that would be my future card

Lets see some screen shots of the following tabs in Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd and Memory. Maybe well see something that you're missing, that is keeping you from pushing higher.

As far as the Rx 480 I would say it's likely that the PII may bottleneck it a bit. It will also depend on the resolution you're playing.

these are my screenshot of OC.. combination of fsb and multiplier @ 1.464v
as i ran Prime95 1 core will just stop working exactly 45mins running
should i rasie more vcore? or do OC via multiplier only?

cpuz1.JPG cpuz2.JPG cpuz3.JPG hwmon1.JPG

Last edited:
You need more V_Core, were thos temps under load with P95? They seem awfully low

You need more V_Core, were thos temps under load with P95? They seem awfully low

those temps are not yet loaded... while running core temp goes 34degC and cpu temp goes 53degC that is running Prime95 for 45mins...

Still more core is the fix for your failed worker.

Get the core sorted first. If the 960T is anything like the other thubans then you might be able to get 16-1800 fairly easy. We;ll also want to raise that NB speed.

Back