• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think about these Ryzen Boards.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bikerkip

Registered
Been waiting for the dust to settle from the Ryzen release......Now just about ready to jump into the game....

I have decided on the 1700 chip not only for the price but from what I am seeing it can compete with its big brothers in most cases...

My concerns are with my MB choices........I have narrowed it down to two and thought I would ask you guys which one you would favor of the two or maybe you would suggest another option....

My first choice:

2nd Choice:

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions...

I agree I want to see the dust settle to get a better picture on what boards ppl should buy . But I dont think it has settled yet , there are still Bios updates comming out every few days . Better ram clocking has already happened ( im hoping for more support) .
I think it comes down to are you going to be overclocking to the max ? ( Dice , ss , Ln2) then I would get the C6 but if you are fine with a 3.7-3.9ghz oc I would look @ one of the b350 boards to save some $ .

Thanks Console

Building this mainly for the fun of playing with the new chipset and processors.......Will most likely end up selling the system or donating it to our local Harley Group for a raffle to raise funds for our projects....

I will be doing some overclocking and will want better connectivity options........but I will take a second look at the B350 boards...

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero is an excellent choice. I've had it since release day and would buy it again. I would also recommend it to anyone who asks.

Good features, awesome BIOS. We get support directly from a couple of ASUS employees and plenty of BIOS updates to play with and test before they get put on the official download page.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero is an excellent choice. I've had it since release day and would buy it again. I would also recommend it to anyone who asks.

Good features, awesome BIOS. We get support directly from a couple of ASUS employees and plenty of BIOS updates to play with and test before they get put on the official download page.

Thanks for the reply MNMadman

I am leaning hard towards the crosshair.........The last review I published for ASUS was the CrossHair V when I was reviewing and a MOD on the ROG forums........

If you'll be benching and/or just want the absolute most out of the cpu then the ROG is the right choice. Otherwise it's more than you'll need and a waste of money.

If you'll be benching and/or just want the absolute most out of the cpu then the ROG is the right choice. Otherwise it's more than you'll need and a waste of money.

I hear ya Blaylock

I know myself and I will be playing with the system pretty hard with the 1700 and Ryzen 5 when they hit the market........Years ago when AMD was actually competitive with Intel I was a true AMD fanboy........so this will be a fun project for me I am sure....

Same here.

These ryzen chips don't seem to cocktail OC incredibly well and for that kind of extra coin for 100-200mhz isn't worth it IMHO. But if you've got the cash and you want it, it's a great board.

Last edited:
I'm kinda with Blay. I am very happy with my Mobo because the features it has, but honestly, if their was a B350 that I actually liked looks wise, and trusted, I could've gone with that. I don't bench or moonshot OCs, so the X370 is probably overkill for me... But RGB header and decent onboard audio.

Same here.

These ryzen chips don't seem to cocktail incredibly well and for that kind of extra coin for 100-200mhz isn't worth it IMHO. But ifor you've got the cash and you want it, it's a great board.
I dunno Blay, I think a frozen 1800X could keep my rum and coke pretty cold [emoji90]

I'm kinda with Blay. I am very happy with my Mobo because the features it has, but honestly, if their was a B350 that I actually liked looks wise, and trusted, I could've gone with that. I don't bench or moonshot OCs, so the X370 is probably overkill for me... But RGB header and decent onboard audio.

I am taking a second look at your board now, seems to have some not-so-good reviews on the Egg but who pays those any mind......the Asus Prime X370-PRO does look interesting...

I am taking a second look at your board now, seems to have some not-so-good reviews on the Egg but who pays those any mind......the Asus Prime X370-PRO does look interesting...
It's not bad, just needs the same fixes all the other boards do. I got crap ram that has an effing sticker on each side running at ddr4-2933 with minimal effort (gskill aegis ddr4-3000 kit, was a whooping $110 for the kit... Single sided ram, with two stickers on each stick to pretend it has a purdy heatspreader).

After a lot of thinking and probably over-thinking this project, I decided on the CrossHair board......Ordered it this morning along with the 1700 processor.....

Now to finalize my choices for the GPU.....looking at the ASUS Strix 8GB 480 card, ah what the hell, excuse me while I go order this card right now......

Got the 480 card and also an inexpensive M2 drive ordered......so I now have all the bases covered once all the goodies get here......

Back