• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Board won't power up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassnut

Premium Member
Asus Maximus VII GENE won't power up after I moved it over into another case. I get the ASUS panel, Start and Reset buttons to light up but that's it.

Tried different Ram ..... Nothing

Tore down to bare bone now ...... Nothing

Tried second power supply ..... Nothing

Removed Battery and reset ...... Nothing

Have I forgot something before trying RMI?

Have you tried breadboarding to eliminate any groundouts as being the problem?

Have you checked the seating of the RAM and any add on boards in the slots?

Did you remove the CPU in the changeover and if so, did you check for bent socket pins?

Same PSU? Is the PSU bad? Swap it out.

If all of the above checks out then I would conclude that the board was damaged in the transition by flexing or the scratching across a circuit trace or something. Damage of some kind to the integrated circuitry traces.

Have you tried breadboarding to eliminate any groundouts as being the problem?
- Yes Bare Board now on BOX.

Have you checked the seating of the RAM and any add on boards in the slots?
-Yes 2 different sets of ram in both red and black slots.

Did you remove the CPU in the changeover and if so, did you check for bent socket pins?
-No didn't remove CPU ..... Just checked no bent pins.

Same PSU? Is the PSU bad? Swap it out.
-Same PSU ..... SeaSonic X Series 850W - GOOD
-Different PSU Cheapie Coolermaster GX650 ..... Was working when I pulled it out of my wifes old rig
2 different PSU ..... Cheapie and a good SeaSonic.

Thanks Trents .... will start RMA

Hmm... I've seen this movie before... Move computer from one case to another... Computer stops working. Did you try to move it back into the old case to see what would happen?

Hmm... I've seen this movie before... Move computer from one case to another... Computer stops working. Did you try to move it back into the old case to see what would happen?

That would have been a major PITA as I would have to re install the loop fill bleed. If i wouldn't run bare bones on the box .......

That would have been a major PITA as I would have to re install the loop fill bleed. If i wouldn't run bare bones on the box .......

Crap. I remember going through this before. Not fun :( Keep us posted bass. I hope Asus' RMA is painless for you.

Back