• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picked up an entire new rig rog asus formula, 7600k, 16 GB 3000 for 420$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

So I grabbed an i5 7600k from microcenter. A 16 GB set of g.skill ageis 3000 memory, and this motherboard. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E1...Xht3H97yFaIR3xD7RhyKEaAh0V8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Everything new came to 420$.

I'm curious as my last Intel was a 4690k and I haven't been on a PC in a year. What is this stuff? Did I stumble across a good deal? My graphics are a 970 that I've had. Should I keep or sell this board? Is it worth more than I paid? What is so special about it? Born again noob curious what I've gotten myself Into. I wanna hear opinions from here to the moon.

The motherboard alone is worth almost what you payed for the whole kit if it all new stuff and not returned/refurbished.

the 7600k where is live is 350$ alone let alone the rest of the parts . I would say you got a good deal ! enjoy

processor was 199. ram was 79.99 motherboard was 299 "open box" Still 100% sealed and intact. not a thing touched, I randomly found it and all the workers were freaking out because with an open box board, you get 30 dollars off and 40% when you buy a processor. So I got that board, and it was cheaper than ANY board i could have gotten with a z270 chipset, because it was the only "open box". micro center rules. i am curious, my frames are just hovering 150 on CSGO. My 8320 did that. I wonder why i dont see a difference. I really wish I was an enthusiast still.. This stuff looks so damn cool, and I want to overclock this processor. is there built in water cooling on this board? Im so confused. its the craziest thing ive ever seen.

Last edited:
processor was 199. ram was 79.99 motherboard was 299 "open box" Still 100% sealed and intact. not a thing touched, I randomly found it and all the workers were freaking out because with an open box board, you get 30 dollars off and 40% when you buy a processor. So I got that board, and it was cheaper than ANY board i could have gotten with a z270 chipset, because it was the only "open box". micro center rules. i am curious, my frames are just hovering 150 on CSGO. My 8320 did that. I wonder why i dont see a difference. I really wish I was an enthusiast still.. This stuff looks so damn cool, and I want to overclock this processor. is there built in water cooling on this board? Im so confused. its the craziest thing ive ever seen.

Perhaps I am missing something? 40% off your entire purchase or just the processor?

Attachments

• Screenshot (37).png
    Screenshot (37).png
    16.5 KB · Views: 52
So I grabbed an i5 7600k from microcenter. A 16 GB set of g.skill ageis 3000 memory, and this motherboard. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E1...Xht3H97yFaIR3xD7RhyKEaAh0V8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Everything new came to 420$.

I'm curious as my last Intel was a 4690k and I haven't been on a PC in a year. What is this stuff? Did I stumble across a good deal? My graphics are a 970 that I've had. Should I keep or sell this board? Is it worth more than I paid? What is so special about it? Born again noob curious what I've gotten myself Into. I wanna hear opinions from here to the moon.

Smokin' deal. Seriously. Worrying about what discount was where is pointless. If you walked out the door with all that for $420 your picture should be hanging in the Post Office. LOL

Sell the board, buy a (much) cheaper one, and sit on the nice profit.
Unless you're planning on taking the CPU sub-ambient, then keep the board.

Ehh,bragging rights are valid. So is owning something nice just 'cause.

As much as what ATMinside says is true, I am part of the 'Oooooh shiney' crowd that would keep it because it makes me happy.

I think I have a problem......

As much as what ATMinside says is true, I am part of the 'Oooooh shiney' crowd that would keep it because it makes me happy.

I think I have a problem......

ATMINSIDE makes a much more sensible point than I did. And with my budget, I should be all over that line of reasoning. But I bought a HOF GPU because it's pretty. :rofl:

Back