• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for budgets 7.1 gaming headset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dpg3456

Hello,

I am in desperate need of a new gaming headset since the ones i am using i bought for 10 bucks at walmart. I was thinking about spending around 50-70 bucks or so. Maybe the turtle beach x12 or hyperx stinger. But I have no experience with these so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am thinking of buying these as well. They are 59.99 on Amazon and that is by far the cheapest headset for that class.

Still tempted to buy a pair of SoundTrue around-ear headphones​ II

Normally I wouldn't buy an "overpriced" Bose product, but I've seen and used this set first hand and I have to say for the 99.99 price mark they are great.

Did you get and use the Hyperx Cloud? Which ones did you get?

I would honestly grab those HyperX Cloud II for 60 bucks. Great deal. I bought the HyperX Cloud (not the second version) and I love them. I had to tweak some settings in windows to help with the volume since they weren't getting loud enough for me but its all good now.

For those Bose headphones, is there a Microphone? I didn't see one in the pic and if they don't have one you wont be able to communicate with anyone.

I ended up with these https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL-WR/dp/B00JJNQG98 They are good. I wish I waited for those Cloud II to go on sale though.

The Bose have a Mic, but it is like the iPhone/Apple Ear bud mic - there is a Samsung and an Apple version of the headphones - I figure the Samsung version should work with Windows, but that is a gamble since I haven't done any research on that.

So the upside is the headphones will work great with my phones and tablets well, but might not get the best experience out of them on PC. I do already have an external usb sound card so I'm not worried so much about needing that, but getting the mic to work might be a challenge.

Yeah I like to have an actual mic next to my mouth. But thats my preference. I have some Bluetooth earbuds for my phone so my headset stays on my computer. If you have an external sound card you should be fine with any of the above headphones. I would imagine any performance you get out of your phone will be dramatically increased when you connect them to that sound card. That should apply to all headphones as far as I am aware.

I just ordered the HyperX Cloud II - We will see if they impress - I've always hated normal over the head banded headphones, so this really is an experiment to see if I can get used to that again for the purpose of gaming.

Well I hope you enjoy them. Definitely let me know how they do for you. I thought I wouldn't like the over the head design too. And tbh, I do get a headache after 8-10 hours of gaming. but I'm usually fried by that time anyways. I also like the softer material ear cups but my preference. if they dont do good for you you can always send them back. I think my computer has a small problem trying power those 53mm drivers but a sound card should solve that.

Back