• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I guess I'm back...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

Just decided on a whim I'll start folding again. Fired up the new F@H client (omg, huuuuuge improvement from the old one....), Let it pick for my CPU and doing GPU as well. So far it looks in the realm of 375K PPD.... With just this one system. That will go down a smidge as I'll pause it for a few nights gaming here and there...

Currently running 15 threads on my Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz, and my RX480 @ factory clocks with a more aggressively fan curve.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the FOLD...

I do believe that forcing 14 threads will do better for you.
Do you have a Key for QRB?
375 seems a tad low for that system.

Silly question. Let's say tonight I wanted to run a game for a bit. Do I just pause the clients then restart em when I am done? Also, should I change the CPU to 14 threads?

Silly question. Let's say tonight I wanted to run a game for a bit. Do I just pause the clients then restart em when I am done? Also, should I change the CPU to 14 threads?

I never paused the cpu when gaming, but for the GPU, pause it.

Thanks for the info on pause/unpause. If I change the core config now, while it's running the current work unit, is that gonna make any problems?

Server is still saying out of work for the CPU. GPU is estimating about 360k PPD for current WU. Tried restarting the folding client to see if it would pull down a CPU WU. No dice.

Welcome back to the fold. For me, it depends on the game if I pause folding or not. It seems to be fine for me in Shogun 2 if I don't pause. Of course my ppd on that card goes down.

Nice numbers. It will go up once your bonus kicks in.

Should start raking in the bonus points either tonight or tomorrow morning. Gonna leave all my 'threats' behind cause they are making like 10k PPD each [emoji14]

Back