• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about water cooling an ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

I got the motherboard for under 150 dollars along with 7600k, and ive been building PCs for 15 years, but ive never used but a chinsy h100 type water cooler, if ever. I'm realizing that this motherboard is kinda intense and I really want to try to get a block for the processor and water cool it, along with the motherboards loop the Crosscheck EK 2. I cannot find it hooked up in any pictures, or really anything about real water cooling. If you guys could kick start me that would be totally awesome. This is what I'm talking about, how I would like to start. There is a picture attached.. I just don't really know exactly whats needed, or a fair budget for something simple, like a 4 hole loop. in motherboard through processor out motherboard, or whatever. If you have any advice please link or tell. Don't know what I'm doing with this heavy amount of components. ASUS_MAXIMUS_IX_Formula_03-1-1030x687.jpg

I am also using this board in an upcoming build. Will be my first custom loop build. So Ill watch this and see what everyone says. I have not quite figured out how I am going to run the tubing yet.

How many components will you be cooling? Just CPU or one or more video cards as well? Choosing a case that will accommodate the water cooling radiator or radiators you choose will be a very important consideration. So it sounds like from your "4 hole loop" remark you intend to have a total radiator surface area of 480mm? Correct? Or were you just throwing that out there? And are you a low fan noise freak or are you willing to tolerate a moderate amount of fan noise under load? Apart from a few basic common core items you question is hard to answer because there are so many options out there. Are you going with vinyl tubing or hard piping? Do you want clear or colored coolant? Do you want quick disconnect fittings or just basic plumbing?

Swiftech makes a good line of pumps. Several companies make good radiators and EK seems to be the most popular block company.

Last edited:
Back