• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with new build mobo 1150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asarosos

Hello
A friend recommended this forum for this kind of thing
What happens is that I had an Asrock Xtreme 4 motherboard, and I had a bad experience, It died, and was giving me problems and it cost me more or less.

The thing is if I could recommend some cheap motherboard that is less than 130 dollars

The specifications of my older machine were, that I still have them

16GB Ram G. Skill Rip Jaws(Planining to 32)
Intel i5-4590
And GTX 1060

I'm not overlockers, I just need a motherboard that supports that

Thank you

What country are you in? What are your options for vendors? Can you give us links to vendors you might use? Availability and prices differ enormously from one part of the world to another.

If you are not overclocking then almost any socket 1150 motherboard should work. It sounds like you will be adding RAM so you would need one with 4 RAM slots.

How about this one: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131991

What is the frequency of your existing RAM? You need to be aware that if you move up to 32 gb of RAM there may be issues with compatibility and frequencies. A lot of motherboards will only work with certain brands of RAM, certain frequencies, etc. when you try to use that much RAM. Technically, they can use 32gb of RAM but there may be restrictions on what RAM will work in that amount. The specs of motherboard I linked to you say it will handle up to 32 gb of RAM but that's all I know. It might be a good idea to check the QVM list on the manufacturer's website for more info.

This one would also fit your budget but I couldn't find any user reviews on it: https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Motherb...8&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+B85M-E/CSM/SI+LGA+1150

Last edited:
I live in Dominican Republic, but I can buy in online store like eBay,Newegg, Amazon and similar

The frequency of my ram is 1600

Thanks trents
I haven't notice that, I will go either the Asus or msi
The one I said

I will read some reviews

I noticed that it look like a good board
Right now I'm looking at reviews of some mobos 1150 with pcie 3.0

- - - Updated - - -

Can't you just RMA your old board

no bro, i can't
i tried but no answer from them that's why i don't want anything from them

DOA means Dead On Arrival. That makes it look like a good board?

How much SSD? Do you mean how large an SSD can it use or do you mean how many SSD drives can you connect to it?

Back