• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-AX370-Gaming K7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ikpthegame

So had to exchange my prime x370, and got the gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7. On my first attempt to boot, no luck. It powers on for 1-2 seconds and turns back off. Is this just a bad board? I tried it with the bare essentials to rule out all other issues it could be.

Have you tried using the clear CMOS button on the board? I guess the board is not powering on long enough for the diagnostic LED to even give any worthwhile info?

Take it out of the case and test it to rule out a short as well if Nagok's suggestion doesn't work.

I tried all that, went back to microcenter to exchange it but they were now out of stock, had 5 more when I was there 3 hrs before lol. Anyways ended up getting a asus prime b350 till i can get my hands on a crosshair.

...On my first attempt to boot, no luck. It powers on for 1-2 seconds and turns back off. ...

This indicates you have direct short in the system. Your PSU is powering off to stop and glowing mess of electrical wires or motherboard. You need to go through everything you have connected up and find the dead short. This happens to best of us from time to time, just look through it all carefully and you will find your error or the actual cause.

Don't tell me you're right, I went through the system 3 times. It was the board.

Sorry it wasn't, you just reconnected everything right this time.

Those symptoms can quite easily be a dead board or bad PSU as well. I have a few at home that do the same thing.

Back