• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360mm AIO high temps i7 7700k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like you may have air in the cooling system. Is it under warranty?

Yeah It's only about 3 weeks old but I will wait until I have delidded and see what temps I get before I decide if I should RMA it or not.

But the cooling system shouldn't be making noises like you described. I would tilt the computer case from side to side and front to back several times to see if you can get those bubbles to dissipate, while the cooler is running.

But the cooling system shouldn't be making noises like you described. I would tilt the computer case from side to side and front to back several times to see if you can get those bubbles to dissipate, while the cooler is running.

Unfortunately I have done this twice already and I've also shook the radiator itself while the pump was running. I only hear noise from the water flowing sometimes as I boot my pc, then the noise dissapears.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have done this twice already and I've also shook the radiator itself while the pump was running. I only hear noise from the water flowing sometimes as I boot my pc, then the noise dissapears.

Air and or cavitation getting trapped in the pump....they usually leave the system about like 3/4s full and can cause some noise and some evaporating over time... could try slowing pump down pwm header obviously that might shut it up...or it's pulling hose of blow water through the whole system then put the hose on real quick that will shut it up and no it's not going to explode being really full.

It's just major Pump differences too. This ID FrostFlow Pump isn't quite Performing as well as the Corsair H60s Pump. I swear with the 240 rad it was kinda hard to break 50c now it's more like 60c sinking the rad in water filling it up getting most air out spend like 10-15minutes of cavitation then quite down. Dammit that was letting me hit 5.1 almost 5.2ghz, pretty much have to settle at 5ghz now. The D14 wanted to hit 67-70c at 5ghz that's a no go. plenty of repeated and replicated Sensor data so I'm Pretty sure.

Yeah but with a 360 and what some real fans 80-100cfm? 2600-3000rpm shouldn't be running hot at all. and it's plenty of pump pressure only talking like a few handful of pounds, I shoulda got a 360 dammit I knew it Lol...would have to be something noticeable.

Yeah but with a 360 and what some real fans 80-100cfm? 2600-3000rpm shouldn't be running hot at all. and it's plenty of pump pressure only talking like a few handful of pounds, I shoulda got a 360 dammit I knew it Lol...would have to be something noticeable.

Yeah the thermaltake is using 99cfm fans and they push so hard that putting 70 cfm fans on the other side of the radiator barely make any difference in air pressure out of the case. Anyway I should have my delid kit by the end of this week or sometime next week...

Good luck! I've killed two i7k CPUs trying to go naked, even with the prescribed shim kit on one of those efforts. I could not even get them to post. I will never try it again I don't think. And if you research the effectiveness of going naked you will find it offers very little or no improvement over delidding and using liquid metal TIM.

Last edited:
Just a quick update:

I recently delidded and ended up with 13 degrees lower temps.

Update: redid my CLU and ended up with another 10 degree drop.... Now running @ 77 degrees 5.1Ghz 1.4v during prime95 v26.6 Small FFTs

Back