• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many fans do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ive got
4x 200mm coolermaster megaflows
140mm aerocool shark?. i forget.
nice and quiet tho :D

altho i did just buy a box full of new 3x200s, 4x140s and 7x120s. they were on sale and were purdy.

Last edited:
2x120s in the front, 1x140 in the back, 1x120 in the PSU, 1x200 in the side. Couple of Noctuas on the CPU heatsink, can't be bothered to remember what my case fans are. I don't need fans to be cool, I AM COOL :cool::cool::cool:

total 2: mini gaming rig has the 80mm cpu fan, the fan built into the 750TI and the PSU fan, that's all.

total 4: main gaming rig 2 on the radiator 120mm x 38mm yate loon low speeds and two 120mm nzxt white fans, all 4 are on a fan controller run under 1000rpm

total 4: server has 1x 80mm vantec low speed intake with two resistors in the power for it quiet but moves air over my hdd's, the exhaust is a vantec thermoflow temp controlled 92mm fan quiet. cpu cooler has a 92mm cooler master fan ~900rpm and the hot swap bay has a 120mm rosewill fan 600rpm.

total 2: router has 1 40mm noctua fan with a voltage drop resistor, and the 80mm psu fan, which doesnt even run ever its a gold unit.

i likem quiet :)

Dang. I thought I had the most fans, lol. Even with 14 fans my case is relatively silent. I remember the days using the Vantec Tornados :eek: If you had 2 you were in the big leagues. If you had more you had a hearing problem.

WHAT?

oh man, those tornadoes were evillll. loud as a vacuum cleaner and they would take your hand off if you werent careful lol. you know i think i still have one in the basement hahaha.
my test bench has two 120mm yate loon highs. one the hs and one blowing across the mb. those two actually make more noise than my whole rig combined.

Last edited:
In the Hadron, only two fans. Noctua 120mm iPPC 2000RPM PWM.

oh man, those tornadoes were evillll. loud as a vacuum cleaner and they would take your hand off if you werent careful lol. you know i think i still have one in the basement hahaha.
my test bench has two 120mm yate loon highs. one the hs and one blowing across the mb. those two actually make more noise than my whole rig combined.

I still have half a dozen.
Are those worse than the ippc-3000s? Those suckers are pretty loud at full bore.

16 Fans Across 2 Systems

System 1: The Sith
- 6 x Corsair ML120 Red in Push/Pull across 3 120 mm AIO (1 for CPU, and 1 for each Titan X Pascal GPU)
- 2 x Corsair ML140 Red intake on bottom
- 2 x Corsair ML140 Red exhaust on top
- 1 x Corsair ML140 Red exhaust in back
- 1 x Noctua 90 mm exhaust for drive compartment

System 2: The Little Folder
- 2 x Corsair Air 140 mm Blue as intake
- 1 x Corsair Air 140 mm Blue as exhaust
- 1 x Noctua on CPU heat sink

I remember my dads old 80mm delta rig.

I also remember him putting a pencil in the spinning blades as a lesson, and made me watch as it literally ate the pencil. He did not use that fan again, but the damage was done.

I have been terrified of fans ever since...

The threads still there but even though I swear I posted a pic after the trolls asked I didn't post one lol and I saw it was the thermaltake tornado not a vantec but still a 4800rpm fan lol

I remember my dads old 80mm delta rig.

I also remember him putting a pencil in the spinning blades as a lesson, and made me watch as it literally ate the pencil. He did not use that fan again, but the damage was done.

I have been terrified of fans ever since...

I had one of those as well .I think someone was playing with mine and dropping a screw driver in . That was the end of that fan.

fractal design R5, with

2 x NF-A14 ULN intake fans running in the mid-700 rpms
2 x NF-A15 PWM fans on the heatsink
0 fans on the rear space -- I cut out the "grill" so I do not need an exhaust fan.

I had a zillion fans to choose from, and I tried several after measuring many with my SPL meter. The most recent review I did of 140mm fans on this site is here. My latest review of 120mm PWM fans is here. My latest review of 120mm non-PWM fans is here.

13 fans in a Corsair 900D

2 140mm noctuas exhaust
3 120mm noise blockers intake
8 120mm noctua rad fans 4 sucking air into the case and 4 sucking it out

I'm guessing the the one in the PSU shouldn't be counted?

Back