• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone still running their thermochill rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxfly

I just found my original pa 120.3 while digging thru the basement. So of course i had to bring it up and try to figure out a way to fit it in my case. it wont unless i lose my blu ray drive and bay res(not happenin) and take out all of the drive bays. if i remember correctly i couldnt figure out a way to make it work when i bought the case! :screwy: and i still cant now. without cutting the crap out of the case or externally mouning it(yuck)...i need a new case.

so anyhow, back on track here. just wondering who is still running the og rads :attn:? if so what are you cooling with it and how has it held up for you? well mine is great being that its been in the rx360 box it was replaced with for 7 or 8 years.

my pc is running a black ice extreme II and i think i have another one stashed away somewhere.

oh yeah the black ice rads were sweet! werent they the thin rads? i had a couple of...i think they were black ice gtx? iuno but they had the barbs on opposite ends? they were perfect for my old koolance 901 case. the first biiig case i ever owned lol. which came with the worst rad and pump ive ever owned haha. that was even before joining ocf!
http://koolance.com/pc2-901bw-liquid-cooling-system-black

I have a Thermochill 240 sitting on the shelf

3/8" IPS threads :)

Yep same threads. Wider than ones used today if I am right. More FLOW, GOOD! The opening was fatter.

Who has a link/Vid to the sweet leaded out old women building these rads? I remember seeing it. They were built in the UK using manual methods before they got bought out by... Umm EK? I don't remember.

Neat vid. The brain behind the PA series was very smart, had a channel to increase flow, one of the first to move past the old car rads the early adopters used. He is a Hero. He moved on once Thermochill was sold out I think.

Fat rads, low and slow fans. He's a hero in WC'ing.

Last edited:
PA 120.2 still in use!

NICE! thats what im talkin about! I swear im going to find a way to use this 120.3. even if i have to buy a new case to fit it! how hard do you guys think it will be to find some replacement barbs for this sob? the ones i have in it now are plastic with thread tape on them :(

McMaster Carr. They sell em. Maybe even Performance PC's. They are just Brass thread adaptors. You can buy the fittings to fit the rad and fit the ID of the hose you use. No adaptors needed. If using other fittings for fancy hard tubing, they will still have it.

thanks conundrum, i actually found some ek high flow barbs but im almost positive i already have some in my barb and tubing tub lol. Ive made up my mind im going to pull my back up rig off the test bench put it in the haf x and get a new case so i can use the 120.3!

Back