• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS x99 thermal control tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bruceGH4

Registered
Anyone used this? It sounds like it is supposed to let me set upper core temperatures and voltages such that, if an application is "light" (only using a few cores) and thus less heat, it will run at a the upper overclock. And if an application is heavy and hitting a high average core temperature, it will throttle down the overclock to stabilize. Makes sense to me. Is this right and is this a legitimate tool to use.

Hum. Don't know anything about it and never heard it before. I'm thinking if it provided some significant benefit more people would be onto it by now.

Hum. Don't know anything about it and never heard it before. I'm thinking if it provided some significant benefit more people would be onto it by now.

I agree. Unable to get a working copy so it's just an idea for the moment. But a good idea. Edgeup seems like a good site though.

I am using this. If you click on page six of the article mentioned, there is a download link in the last sentence. I haven't found where anyone is updating or supporting it so .7 is the only version I have found from that link.

Anyway, it allows you to set an upper temp limit and if that limit is reached it will use a different multiplier / voltage that you specify. It polls ever half a second I believe.

The only thing that will cause my processor (6900k @ 4.2GHz) to get hot enough is prime95. I basically have it there as a safety net and it gives a nice package temp readout in the system tray.

Link from page six:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pklxfrv130887l9/AsusTC07.zip

I am using this. If you click on page six of the article mentioned, there is a download link in the last sentence. I haven't found where anyone is updating or supporting it so .7 is the only version I have found from that link.

Anyway, it allows you to set an upper temp limit and if that limit is reached it will use a different multiplier / voltage that you specify. It polls ever half a second I believe.

The only thing that will cause my processor (6900k @ 4.2GHz) to get hot enough is prime95. I basically have it there as a safety net and it gives a nice package temp readout in the system tray.

Link from page six:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pklxfrv130887l9/AsusTC07.zip

I tried to run that and had some problem getting it to load. I'm using windows10 home. Right now I'm using AVX offset as a safety, which seems to work great.
Are you running this in windows?

Some of the software that comes with the mobo is more trouble than it's worth. It's better just to use the bios' features and you'll have less issues.

I am using it on Windows 10. I have a couple of setups. It works fine with my X99 board but not the X79 (which I expected). I thought about ditching it for the AVX offset since it doesn't seem to be a supported app but I have things running stable so I didn't mess with it.

Back