• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First custom loop build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks really nice.

Did you try using the 90 that you took from the CPU block and put use it for the GPU to MoBo connection? Looks like it would give a nice line to it.
The MoBo header is actually quite a bit higher then how the 90 would place it. Hard to tell in the picture. Going to button this baby up and install Windows! Then see what we can do :)

Well, didnt get what I wanted to done tonight. But at least got the old monitors removed from my desk, new monitor mount installed and one of the new Asus monitors put up. Also got the computer up on the desk, and got windows installed. Ill mess with it some more in the morning, and hopefully see what she can do :)

Here are a few pictures of when it was cycling through the RGB colors. Im not sure what color Ill settle on (likely white or cyan-ish color)

IMG_20170408_192328_zpsaehb40xk.jpg

IMG_20170408_192323_zpsdabv9wdf.jpg

IMG_20170408_192319_zpsixfuufv8.jpg

IMG_20170408_192315_zps3wsixkoe.jpg

IMG_20170408_192311_zpsbjvt4sv1.jpg

Thanks man! Here is what i ended up with. I used white on the phanteks LED strip, and then cyan on the motherboard accents and did a fade on each ram stick from cyan to white. Looks alright! My keyboard and mouse is also colored cyan as well. Ill get pictures of the whole desk after I get the second monitor hung today :)

IMG_20170409_131400_zpsvfviiia3.jpg

well fellas, after just acquiring an Apex, it wont fit in this case :rofl: The extended edges on the board hit the back plate of the case. So I was faced with a small dilemma.... Get rid of the Apex motherboard (which is the one I should have bought in the first place) or buy a new case. So....

Corsair 750D is on the way and should be here Wednesday :attn::attn::attn:

what about electric tape to insulate the board from the metal contact point? not sure if that is the new Mobo or not, so unsure if the board flexes or not.

what about electric tape to insulate the board from the metal contact point? not sure if that is the new Mobo or not, so unsure if the board flexes or not.

That is the new board, and its way off the stand off (1/4 inch at least) the board will not flex that much.

Blay, Im keeping the case. Ill make a folding build out of it some day. Or something.

Back