• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we'll have a look at the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero which, at this time, is ASUS' top of the line performance board for the AM4 socket. From the early days of socket AM2/AM2+ with the introduction first ASUS Crosshair, in AMD land, the name has always been synonymous with performance. Over the years, I have had four different Crosshair motherboards and can say I have never been disappointed. Today I have my fifth Crosshair sitting in front of me and just by the look and feel of it, I can tell the quality is there.

The AMD Ryzen CPU and AM4 platform are still new and as such you should expect a few growing pains. That being said, I'm certain given a bit more time most, if not all, of the bugs will be worked out and setting up this platform will be as easy as any other. At present there are some limitations with memory timings, this is driven by AMD not the motherboard manufacturers. This will be addressed in future AGESA updates delivered with your motherboard's BIOS.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is a good solid motherboard , tons of OC options as well.

I just installed mine last night with the Ryzen 1700 and AMD Cooler. The system is working perfectly while I wait for my Noctua NH-D15 AM4 brackets since I don't have a AM3 backplate to attach it to. :D

5bdc607c_2017-04-0608-32-28-273.jpeg

Looking good ITAngel, it really is an easy board to use. I was really impressed with the D15 as well just stays so quiet.

Looking good ITAngel, it really is an easy board to use. I was really impressed with the D15 as well just stays so quiet.

Thanks, Johan45. I am still waiting for my Noctua bracket which they told me will take 7-10 days for them to ship one to me. I cannot wait to put my cooler on it and see what temps I get and what overclocking I can do to it. I plan to gran a set of Flare X 3200Mhz rams 16GB for the system if i can get the i7-6700k sold and EVGA Z270 Classified K, and Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3200Mhz rams. That should help a bit, and only switch my tower was a bit deeper. As you can see the video card almost touch the back and I would love to move that support to the back of the card.

2017-04-09 06-48-23-724.jpg 2017-04-09 06-48-36-436.jpg

So far is coming along pretty well. :attn:

Last edited:
There always seems to be something to spend on with this hobby.

Back