• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] Overclocking Athlon II X4 630

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, I have changed the frequency to about 2400 and am starting the 3 hour test. If it fails I will increase the voltage and go from there. Also I created a "Sig" hopefully it looks like what you meant.

Thank you. I have failed the long test twice now and am at 1.26 on the CPU/NB voltage. I do not want to ruin anything, but should I increase the voltage to like 1.3 and then start testing or just keep moving it up slowly?

Are you still at 2500 mhz on the CPU/NB frequency?

If so, I would now try scaling back on the FSB frequency by 5 mhz.

Have you run the long stress test at any earlier point and found it to be stable?

I am at about 2400 mhz, and have not been successful with any long test. If I dial back the FSB should I dial back the voltage and frequency on the CPU/NB?

- - - Updated - - -

I know earlier you said I can have the voltage up to 1.35 which I have not even come close to. But I do not know if that will fix my problem.

Here's the best way. Put the CPU/NB at the stock 2000 mhz with 1.225 volts. It will be stable there for sure. But do the long test anyway. If still unstable the problem is not the CPU/NB the problem is core stability. Then just work only with the CPU core frequency and voltage. Start where you are an work backwards if necessary.

K, set the CPU/NB to 2000mhz with 1.225 volts and am running the long test. Sorry again for all of the questions, but just to be sure, if I fail this test, what is the next move?

I have failed the long test again. That is with CPU/NB at 2000mhz with 1.225 volts and my FSB at 260 with 1.500 volts. Made it to about 40 minutes. Not sure what I need to do now.

Is 40 minutes a longer time than before?

Go back to a FSB of 250 mhz and a vcore of 1.425. CPU/NB of 2200 at 1.225. I think you passed the short test at a little less vcore than that with the CPU/Nb at 2500 and 1.225. We need to find a stable baseline overclock on the long test and go from there. I'm thinking your motherboard electronics may not be able to handle 1.5 vcore.

I edited this so read it again

Last edited:
Passing 40 minutes of OCCT should mean you are close to being stable. Just a tweak here or there should do it.

Just read the edit, the test is still running, its been an hour and a half. I believe I am at 255mhz on the FSB with the vcore at 1.500 volts. CPU/NB at 2000 with 1.225 volts. Should I stop the test and reconfigure? Or let it do its thing, and if it fails change the settings?

No, don't stop it. If you pass it then you have a baseline you can work from. This new information from suggests the failures were not caused by the CPU/NB but by the cores. You failed after 40 minutes with the CPU/NB settings where they are now but a FSB of 260 mhz. When you backed it off to 255 then you could run the stress test longer. Do you follow my logic? Once we get the cores stable we can work on bumping up the CPU/NB frequency.

So we now know the limit of your CPU core frequency at safe voltages.

Let's see if we can squeeze some more out of the CPU/NB. Increase the CPU/NB by 1x increment (the CPU/NB multiplier, that is) and retest with a long test. It's getting kind of late so if you want just do it tomorrow.

I ran a couple of long tests and this is what I am at so far with the CPU/NB. I am not sure if there is anymore I can do with my setup or not but if so let me know.

Capture.PNG
Capture0.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Good job! I think you have squeezed about all you are going to squeeze out of that old boy.

I don't have any more suggestions. You have been a good pupil and I hope what you have experienced with this will be of help in the future. One area of new learning and experience generally leads to others.

Trents, I cannot thank you enough for all of your help. I could not have done this without you. You are the man!

Back