• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking fx 8350 with fsb+multi method ,help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NB frequency is actually beneficial, and stock HT frequency is 2600, so I would stay as close to 2600/2500 as you can. Straight multi will be better because you can run your ram at XMP specs instead of what you got going on currently.
5 gig you will not likely see stable even with 4 cores turned off, but it's something to shoot for.
You need to keep load temps under 62c. That is your main objective.
If you're not going to use conventional stress testing methods, run CB15. If you can finish without error with temps under 62c, you'll be ok gaming.

NB frequency is actually beneficial, and stock HT frequency is 2600, so I would stay as close to 2600/2500 as you can. Straight multi will be better because you can run your ram at XMP specs instead of what you got going on currently.
5 gig you will not likely see stable even with 4 cores turned off, but it's something to shoot for.
If you're not going to use conventional stress testing methods, run CB15. If you can finish without error with temps under 62c, you'll be ok gaming.

Yes it crashed in the night:D

Well i can go rocksolid on 4.5-4.6 within temperatures, not anymore. I'd need to change cabinet to improve my cooling situation, i'm pretty sure that is the problem. But won't happen, until i change pc, checking from time to time for ryzen 5 performance improvements.
My cabinet is still old style without an immission fan and with the psu on the top, But i've seen people with much worse situation than me.
The cpu cooler should be still fine,it's Noctua NH-U14S+2 150mm fans payed at the time 90 euros.
I don't feel safe with liquid cooling even if maybe it's what i need.

You can always just leave the panel off the side. That will help

I tried the cinebench at 5 ghz and get 70 degrees after some time, so yeah, can't .
About the nb clock, i can only set steps of 200 mhz with stock fsb, so 2400 or 2600. To get clocks in between 2400 and 2600 i have to increase the fsb.
About the ram, i read that from 1600 to 1866 there is not much of improvement while from 1333 to 1600 the boost is consistent.

Back