• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help installing my very first mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so i bought my very first motherboard heres the link http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-G31M-S2L-rev-10#ov

having never installed a mobo into a case or anything can someone point me to a good reputable guide to teach me how to install it i dont wanna boark it or short it out also i have no cpu cooler installed yet so keep that in mind will be installed into a micro atx server rack mount case that i picked up for free

its really quite simple. Remove motherboard from box, place on standoff's, put in screws, tighten screws, attach associated power connections/hard drive connections. I wouldnt put the thing in until you get a cooler. It will make mounting the cooler brackets easier with it out of the case.

No. There is no power going to the chassis. All standoffs are metal. Think of it this way, do you get an electrical shock when you touch your finger to the chassis or standoff?

Back