• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Part needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I need to replace the 10/100/1000 and 2x USB 2 combo ports on my motherboard. I can't fine the RJ45/USB3 combo for sale anywhere. I can easily and cheaply find the RJ45/USB2 for sale but that will not fit my project. This is for an ASUS MB. I bought a P9X79 Pro with a USB short. I am going to replace them all (or rather pay an electronics guy to solder them on).

I can find all kinds of companies that will sell me lots of 200 to 1000 pieces but I need just one.

Since these are special order parts (they are not utilized by hobbiests only OEM) I'm not surprised that you cannot find just a single part to buy. You will also have to make sure the part matches spec. I would say it would be easy to replace but because its a 1GIG jack, you will need the exact. I say this because each part is a bit different, and 1GIG jacks need the right channel impedance to not create any issues.

If you do find the exact part, than you could email the supplier and see if they can send you a "sample" or just level set with them. They may surge charge you but you get the part if you are that desperate.

Best practice, go onto other OC sites/ebay and advertise for a dead mobo the is exactly what you have.

Hmmm..... I did find a company that will send me one for just under $30 from China. I am not familiar with anything about impedance, etc.

It may "look" the same on the number of USBs/Audio Config, etc but the pins and its "resistance" may be different. By resistance I mean what the actual device creates as far as a restive load when being in various different states. This can be different from one manufacture or the other, but sometimes works in our favor if its a common part and an open IP. Now granted this would only be crucial for your Ethernet port. USB 2 and Audio are not as sensitive and can work within high margin of difference. However, the 1GHz ETH may end up not working. But I'm pessimistic.

$30 is not too bad for the part, and its not too bad to test out. However for the same price you could probably buy a dead board off someone.

have you checked your mobo for a bent pin?? I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a ever so slightly bent pin. once straightened out all came back alive.

Back