• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Ryzen 5 1500X and 1600X CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The lack of the cooler with the 1600X is slightly disappointing. Im looking at one for my office build and wont be overclocking it, so I want the X edition for XFR. Still looks like the 1600X is definitely not a disappointment from a performance standpoint and I doubt I will notice the difference between it and the 1800X.

I think will be seeing alot of ppl buying a 1600 over 7600k
Even more if they clock to 4.1 and can get the ram speed up

So not only did you not compare the R5 to their direct competitors (i5's) throughout the entire review, but you underclocked the i7's and overclocked the R7/R5's for the gaming benchmarks? :confused:

So not only did you not compare the R5 to their direct competitors (i5's) throughout the entire review, but you underclocked the i7's and overclocked the R7/R5's for the gaming benchmarks? :confused:

If you read the review clearly for the gaming results all chips were set to 4.0Ghz which give a true level playing field. Yes its widely known that the Intel chips included in the review can all be clocked well past 4.0Ghz but that isnt the purpose of that part of the review.

Very well written. I like the breakdown of instruction set advantages in the test results. The nuts and bolts part didn't lose me, which is saying something! :thup:
Thanks! Glad it was a easy read still!
The lack of the cooler with the 1600X is slightly disappointing. Im looking at one for my office build and wont be overclocking it, so I want the X edition for XFR. Still looks like the 1600X is definitely not a disappointment from a performance standpoint and I doubt I will notice the difference between it and the 1800X.
There are plenty of good, cheap coolers out there that will handle the 1600X quite well. I wouldn't want a Spire cooler with it, and I'm not sure if the Max will be widely available.
I think will be seeing alot of ppl buying a 1600 over 7600k
Even more if they clock to 4.1 and can get the ram speed up
I agree, it'll steal a ton of the budget market. I could even see the 1600X taking 7700K and maybe 6800K sales.
If you notice, we don't have a i5 review sample on our front page. I'm not paid to do this, so buying another processor for $250 just to compare to in one review and have it lose value while doing so isn't in the cards.

All our gaming results are standardized at 4GHz, not just in this review. This is an overclock for all CPUs used except the 7700K.

Back