• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X370 prime vs Crosshair VI Feedback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
I finally got my Crosshair VI back from ASUS and now that I think about it, most of the testing I wanted to do has been performed by others.

I am curious to ask if anyone has any requests for testing between the two top tier boards from ASUS. The Crosshair VI and Prime are both excellent boards (when they don't have BIOS issues) and seem to perform the same in OC potential. If anyone has some interesting suggestions to show which has more value in purchasing I'd gladly run them.

BTW, Prime is stable with 4.0GHz core and 3200Mhz memory.

Honestly, with how these clock and sip power, I think the biggest difference is memory, followed by audio (maybe).

Only way to see some limits on the OC I think is to take em both sub ambient...

The CHVI will have an advantage with memory just because of the BCLK option. If the newer AGESA updates give better options that might change but for me or anyone considering the board for benching/performance should lean on the CHVI.

Only the CHVI has p-state settings or what ever their called for this architecture.

I wanted to do a more streamlined comparison rather than one for just benchmarking. But to be honest, playing with the X370 with the latest BIOS, there really isn't much of a difference. I did not check to see if there was p-states added with the new AGES update, but a couple new features were added. So the X370 Prime has enough features and stability to run the system at 4.0GHz with 3200MHz RAM. Since this seems to be the best that most can do, I'd say that all testing is done. Unless there is a vast difference in p-state configurations between the Prime and CH6 (that is if its available on the Prime) would be the only real test worth performing.

I think if X370 ever gets an update that allows for p-state control, than I would push most new customers to buy the Prime over the CH6. The CH6 would only be needed for benching.

With the new BIOS I'm hitting 3600 Cl14 pretty effortlessly now

Back