• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen build, MATX, debating on liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
So I am planning a Ryzen build for my office as using my laptop as a primary out there is just not working for me anymore.

I have decided that I am not going to beat on this system as its for business and TBH doesn't need too much horsepower given that my T9600 laptop is currently serving that purpose fairly well. I have also decided I want to a primarily white theme.

This is the case I have selected
11-144-317-01.jpg

I am going to try to reuse as much gear that I already own as possible for the time being.

Specs:

R5 1600X
16Gb DDR4
Motherboard - unknown
EVGA GTX 670 FTW(already has WB installed, but do have stock cooler)'
SSD Samsung Evo 830 256Gb (reused)
PSU - one of the several 450-550w units I have in storage

Now things to take notice of here is that it is MATX and has a sideways mounted motherboard tray.

As the 1600X does not have a cooler I will have to purchase one.
The GPU already has a WB installed which is the only reason I am considering liquid cooling.
I see at least 2x 120 maybe 3x 120 worth of radiator space in the case with light modding.

Its been several years, but if I recall correctly the stock GPU cooler for this card was rather annoying when playing games, so I definitely want to avoid that.

My thoughts are since it wont be overclocked maybe I could get away with CPU + GPU on 2x 120 worth of radiator without it sounding like a jet engine.
Now that may be pushing it and it seems like setting up a GPU only loop would be a waste of time?

If I were to go with straight air cooling can anyone recommend a replacement GPU cooler for this card that is nice and quiet?

Build is probably another month away at least so mostly looking for opinions here. Also anyone know of a MATX b350 or x370 board in white? Newegg had one a few weeks ago, but I dont see it anymore.

Back