• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new member question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright guys, sorry to keep posting like a total annoying newb. lol

I moved up to 7th over all. The biggest thing holding me back currently is the wprime 32 bench. My score is horrible (currently sitting 19th) I sit in 6th on the XTU and the X265.

Wprime is pure cpu power without any additional things. Simply set high priority and play with cache options ( largesystemcache in registry editor ). There are some things which are affecting score but memory is almost not helping so just focus on the CPU clock. I'm not sure if cache clock is helping. Check that and if not then just drop cache clock as it will let you to OC cpu clock higher ( probably not much but maybe 50-100MHz in best case ).

Also, don't feel bad for asking questions. This is how we learn. Sometimes there are answers are already here if you try the search bar but many times people don't know what to search for. So don't worry too much for asking. We want to to succeed and there is so much to benching it can be overwhelming to a new member, even senior members at times. :fight:

Using XP or Vista 32 always helps with WPrime. At least for me.

If you have not figured it out already you need to specify the number of threads to run for wprime. If you run wprime multiple times in a row without closing you will find that you will get one run that is lower than the rest.

If you have not figured it out already you need to specify the number of threads to run for wprime. If you run wprime multiple times in a row without closing you will find that you will get one run that is lower than the rest.

yes, im running one thread. I also tried setting priority, but Prime opens another prime.exe when you run it, so priority doesnt help as its every changing with a new application upon running.

I also removed the gskill and put in the corsair out of my girl's rig and actually got better scores on everything, at a lower clock (3200mhz at 14-14-14 1T) Still not enough to move me above the next guy but its something!

Wprime is pure cpu power without any additional things. Simply set high priority and play with cache options ( largesystemcache in registry editor ). There are some things which are affecting score but memory is almost not helping so just focus on the CPU clock. I'm not sure if cache clock is helping. Check that and if not then just drop cache clock as it will let you to OC cpu clock higher ( probably not much but maybe 50-100MHz in best case ).

I kind of noticed that while I messed around with it for a few hours this morning. Still taking way too long compared to some of these other guys (with the same CPU's) I had the chip all the way up to 5.4ghz with a 4.9 cache (anything over 4.9 netted zero gain) Lowest time I got was a 19.5 but Prime crashed before I was able to get a screenshot clipped. I need to run a 17 to take over the next spot. So a huge difference. I have to be missing something here. Just have to figure out what it is.

Just had a look at the competition. That's horse shett running against 8 and 10 core CPUs. What were they thinking? Even running 6.5 GHz isn't going to help

ok, i had it set to 1 thread like stated above and not 8. Switched it to 8, set the CPU at 5.2 with a 49 cache and managed to move up the list a ways. I now sit at number 5 over all. I wanted top 5, but not sure if Ill stay there or not. Thanks fellas for all of the help!!!

Last edited:
Alright, moved up to 4th in the rookie rumble today. I think thats about all she wrote. I am going to start saving to make a benching setup though where I dont have to worry about corrupting graphics drivers every time I start to push it :)

Be nice to have a separate rig just for this, as this is def. a blast!!

Thanks again for all of your guys help. I think I currently set at 25th place in the rookie league. Thats pretty ****. ha

It's a lot of fun for sure.
Just had a look at your X265 sub, when you run it you should kill that pic in the background and any service running that you don't need, and work with the overkill mode it's usually good for a boost in the score if you can get them running even. Also mem plays a part on that benchmarkl 2 threads is usually pretty easy to pull off but 4 if you can get ir to work in overkill. Try normal priority for OK though

It's a lot of fun for sure.
Just had a look at your X265 sub, when you run it you should kill that pic in the background and any service running that you don't need, and work with the overkill mode it's usually good for a boost in the score if you can get them running even. Also mem plays a part on that benchmarkl 2 threads is usually pretty easy to pull off but 4 if you can get ir to work in overkill. Try normal priority for OK though
Ok, did all of the above, and ran windows in diagnostic mode to kill all services, still couldn't beat the 42.55 that is submitted. Been messing with it for the last hour or so.

Doesn't always work, overkill requires slightly more stability and play around with priority. If the threads don't run synced then it's not going to improve the score.

Doesn't always work, overkill requires slightly more stability and play around with priority. If the threads don't run synced then it's not going to improve the score.

overkill x2 got me the closest. I messed with priority as well, and the normal priority with 2x overkill provided the best scores. Then real time priority without overkill provided equally as good of scores. I might get some time here today to mess with it some more. My kids ended up waking up with pink eye at their mothers, so I have a free easter sunday.

Alright, something interesting I just noticed watching a youtube vid on XTU. In the video, all 4 cores were active the entire time of the benchmark. This isnt the case with mine. Mine goes from 1 core to 4 cores constantly. Is this normal? Or should all 4 cores be in use the entire benchmark? Perhaps this is why Im getting a bit lower score than others of similar setup?

Back