• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Started folding today on my main rig, need some help getting set up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

I already checked the sticky thread, one of the links involving the passkey is broken.

I'd like to fold when I'm not home, using my rx480 and some cores on my i7 6700k.

right now, its just folding for alzheimers as anonymous, But I'd like to work towards the team goals here :)

Thanks for any and all assistance!

EDIT:

Figured it out. I have set up as:

Suppressor1137

Team 32

:)

PPD : 355723.

Last edited:
Here is the link for getting a passkey: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

You can also get it by clicking on Configure in the client and clicking on the Identity tab. The third field down is labeled Passkey and the link is there.

Also, you will have to return 10 successful Work Units before the Quick Return Bonus kicks in. So, it will probably be a day or 2 after you enter in your passkey before you get full production values.

We're Team 32, so just enter 32 in on the team identifier line.

Welcome to the team!!

Thank you for folding!

Here is the link for getting a passkey: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

You can also get it by clicking on Configure in the client and clicking on the Identity tab. The third field down is labeled Passkey and the link is there.

Also, you will have to return 10 successful Work Units before the Quick Return Bonus kicks in. So, it will probably be a day or 2 after you enter in your passkey before you get full production values.

We're Team 32, so just enter 32 in on the team identifier line.

Welcome to the team!!

Thank you for folding!

I'm playing with the client atm, trying to get a feel for the interface. Would throwing my old 770 in there affect the folding rate? And I wonder if the extra 200 watts is worth it lol.

EDIT: hmm...

Noticing some slight "ticking" noises from my rx480 as the fan speeds change. Never noticed that before with my headset on >.> Sounds like thin plastic being bent beyond its ability to hold a set shape.

Should be fine, right?

I was just thinking about bringing the core to 1350 for this. :p

Edit 2:

Turns out, it basically WAS that. There is a thin mesh/plastic cover for the top exhause fans, and as the fan rpm kicked up, that was bending enough to make that ticking noise. lmao.

Last edited:
set the fan speed on the card manualy.
I set my fan speed to that speed that I can put up with then I clock my card to that.
don't bother with the 770. sell it and save for a 1060-1070 or 1080.
lots of watts and little ppd with the 770.

Back