• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having issues with 7700k OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ironlightning

I've read every post I can find on overclocking my 7700k, but for the life of me cannot hit the 5GHz mark, and was wondering if someone could shine some light on my issue.

Currently I can and have passed multiple 8 hour tests on the latest realbench with an overclock of 4.8GHz and a vcore of 1.24. LLC is set at 6, and ram is at 3000MHz at 1.35v. All other voltages are set at auto. All C-states are disabled as well as speed step. Temperatures remain at a constant 56-58 degrees.

Problem begins when I raise the multiplier to 50. No matter what I set the vcore to, it blue screens. The best I've managed is a 2 hour run (it crashed shortly before finishing the 2 hour run resulting in a BSOD) at 1.4v(monitor shows 1.39v under load and 1.408v idle) and temps hovering around 67 degrees. Given the temps I know I'm not even close to thermal limit, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like you don't have a 5 ghz chip. The silicon lottery wasn't kind to you.

Last edited:
If I bump the voltage to 1.45 and can get it stable, is that a realistic voltage for long term as long as I can keep thermals under control? I heard 1.5v was max safe voltage for 7700s.

Alright so I should call it a day with 4.8 @ 1.23 then. At least I delidded it and just swapped tim between ihs and cooler so temps in realbench hover at 53 degrees.

Alright so I should call it a day with 4.8 @ 1.23 then. At least I delidded it and just swapped tim between ihs and cooler so temps in realbench hover at 53 degrees.

That's a realistic way of seeing it. Really, how much difference are you going to notice between 4.8 and 5.0. Mostly for all of us it's bragging rights more than performance needs.

How true about the performance. I need to run the 1080p GTX 1070 at medium settings in BF1 to run 144 FPS with 4.5GHz overclock, otherwise stock does fine at 80 FPS.

Back