• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Playerunkown's Battlegrounds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

Anyone played it yet? I just picked it up, and I have to say it supports Ultrawide very nicely, and was totally playable even with my 780ti at full resolution. I played a round for about 20 minutes, got all geared up, made it to the 44th person left, and died before I could even tell where the shots were coming from.

It's a lot like DayZ, but I think the round-based gameplay could be a good or bad thing, depending on your personal preference.

Anyone else play it?

I have not played PUBG yet, but I have watched quite a bit of gameplay.

It is made by PlayerUnknown who is responsible for the BattleRoyal mods on ARMA II, ARMA III and also the KOTH mode in H1Z1. I played a bunch of ARMA 3 BR.

I will most likely pick this up when I have more time.

If you want gameplay tips, watch Halifax on twitch.

I've been playing for about a month now. I've won a few games solo, duo and squad. The best way to describe the game is that it fits between the realism of ARMA and the arcade style play of H1Z1. I would say it leans more towards arma than H1Z1. It is very fun, however, it is full of bugs right now. There is a big update that is going to be pushed out tomorrow at 1:00 am PST. It is suppose to address a lot of issues. The guns are pretty awesome and allow for a lot of modification and attachments for improvements and enhancements to fit your play style, albeit some styles and tactics are just more effective than others.

I have the give props to the player community for raising issues and the development community for addressing the issues. The forum moderators are very active in letting people know what issues they are aware of and their timeline to address them. They hit a 100,000 active players in the last week. Tyerker's mention of sound issues is something they are aware of and are addressing. I 100% recommend this game with the understanding that you are buying an early access game.

There are plans that they are acting on to have daily server improvements, weekly bug fixes and months content additions and major performance improvements. So far they have stuck to this promise and it's been pretty good. Duo and squad is WAY more fun than solo. Because yeah...you are playing well get a kill or two and make it to the top 15-20 and then get sniped from god knows where and your game is over. At least the duo and squad you have a chance to be revived or still win and cheer your buddy/squad on as they continue play.

8/10 in its current form and would prob give it a 9.5/10 once the performance enhancements are implemented.

Last edited:
I bought it after watching some streams last week. I love it!

I will have to buy some decent headphones though - can't hear people sneaking up on me.

I have been out of the shooter genre for a while now due to eye issues. Since I got Lasik two weeks ago I find that rapid eye movement is much easier now and I can focus on smaller targets more accurately than I could before (I couldn't see further than 3 or 4 inches before without corrective wear so focusing on objects was extremely hard to do quickly).

I really hope that do optimize everything - I convinced another friend to buy it, but with his system it lags a lot and he says it is unplayable. I was looking forward to having someone to play Duo's with!

If any of you want to play a game together hit me up on steam! Tjones is my username.

I bought it after watching some streams last week. I love it!

I will have to buy some decent headphones though - can't hear people sneaking up on me.

I have been out of the shooter genre for a while now due to eye issues. Since I got Lasik two weeks ago I find that rapid eye movement is much easier now and I can focus on smaller targets more accurately than I could before (I couldn't see further than 3 or 4 inches before without corrective wear so focusing on objects was extremely hard to do quickly).

I really hope that do optimize everything - I convinced another friend to buy it, but with his system it lags a lot and he says it is unplayable. I was looking forward to having someone to play Duo's with!

If any of you want to play a game together hit me up on steam! Tjones is my username.

I'd play - Is Tjones your Steam ID? I've got a few friends I play with but they have odd work schedules. So looking for more people to duo/squad with. With the addition of custom games, I think it be cool to get into some OC community games if we get enough people playing. Even just trying out 8 man squads. I normally try and jump on after 8:00 CST. Out of curiosity, what kind of specs does your friend have? That patch last Thursday helped for me. It's not perfect, but it has def improved performance. There are a few things he can try with the pre-launch options to improve performance.

Try teejay137 - I'm not sure it could be anything else - I have not changed my name ever since it's creation several years ago.

I'm usually on after 8 CST, but not for too long unless it is the weekend. I work weird hours sometimes, but most of the time I'm busy 9-3pm CST and fairly free after that.

I'm not 100% sure on my friend specs, but I know he is running some decent hardware - we used to play ARK and he never had issues running that on high settings.

I have zero issues whatsoever with this game - runs perfectly fine for me on my current hardware.

Streamed last night with some buddies. I hope the optimization comes quick and really helpful, and from what im hearing that seems to be the case. Just gotta stick it out through this earlier phase (of course, went in knowing this since it was an early access title)

We up on twitch too. Restream.io with OBS is really cool for streaming to youtube and twitch at the same time.

Just jumped in tonight, lotta fun, got 2 kills right off, one guy hiding in a room. lol Couldn't figure out the key bindings till the second game. Got thru to top 10 and got stuck in first person:eek::eek:

Had some fun at the school a while back, my buddy made a little highlight vid of our shenanigans

Yeah - my schedule is kind of funky on when I play. You can add me on steam "displacement" It's the AMD dragon logo from their Phenom II chips, and I'm in San Antonio.

Yep play all the time. Do weekly streams on youtube and twitch too. I absolutely SUCKED last week though lol. Redemption last night, with the same crew i got a chicken dinner in a fog game. Mojo is back! lol

Back