Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well, I heard back from the Logitech tech I was corresponding with and he explained they had "limited resources" to be able to address "other software" issues. When I asked for clarification he explained he was referring to browsers that I should try contacting Google for help with this issue. He forgot I was having the same problem in Opera. Basically, he was saying, "I don't know."

Yeah, as I said in the first post of this thread, I suspect it's related to a Windows 10 update. But as you would guess, when I switched to a Microsoft mouse the problem went away. Is MS now trying to enhance their peripheral sales by sabotaging other companies' hardware devices?
    CPU: i5-7600k@4.8ghz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/ac
    Cooler: Custom loop with Swiftech MCP50X pump, EK-Spremacy Evo block, Koolance 360x29mm 30 fins per in. radiator, 38x120mm 4000rpm Delta fans on Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme fan speed controller
    RAM: 2x8 gb Crucial 2400 Ballistic DDR4
    GPU: XFX Rx480 8gb/1080p Asus monitor
    Case: NZXT Source 530
    PSU: OCZ 750W
    Storage: Segate 480 gb SSD + 1x1tb spinner

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14:6

c(π*199780) Senior Member c627627's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    trents, what is the model of the mouse you are having this problem with?
    Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.

Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Bad batch of webwheel sensors? That is a pretty basic mouse function to be borking. No issues here with gskill gaming mouse, a basic dell, nor a Logitech g5 on my sons system (all fully updated w10). All wired.

Do you have another non MS mouse to test with? I can see why some are making the leap to w10/updates, but, you should be able to look through the updates and see what has installed....so far, im not convinced its a w10 issue. Correlation is not causation and all that.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

I have this problem with three mice I have tried. All wireless: Logtech M185, Logitech M315 and the Amazon basic. The problem happens on two different Windows 10 computers, a laptop and a desktop. I have tried the M185 on a Linux machine and the scroll wheel works flawlessly. If I use a Microsoft mouse on the desktop that gave me problems with all three of the other mice mentioned, there is no issue with the scroll wheel. And this is true for two different Microsoft wireless mice I have tried on the desktop.
    Cooler: Custom loop with Swiftech MCP50X pump, EK-Spremacy Evo block, Koolance 360x29mm 30 fins per in. radiator, 38x120mm 4000rpm Delta fans on Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme fan speed controller

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14:6

c(π*199780) Senior Member c627627's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    Copy paste this ↑ when politely requesting that your Logitech case number be forwarded to Level 2 Logitech support.

Make sure the batteries inside these mice are brand new, just to eliminate any hints of "other" causes.
    Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.

Is the receiver in or next to a USB 3.0 port? I had weird stuff going on with my Logitech wireless mouse in a USB 3.0 port. My keyboard is kind of iffy at times still.
    Intel i7-6700K@ 4600 MHz @1.380v
    Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7
    GSkill TridentZ 16 GB DDR4@ 3000MHz 14-14-14-34
    Galax GTX 1070 HOF w/Limited Edition BIOS
    Deepcool Captain 360 AIO
    Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB Win 7 Pro x64
    Adata SP550 SSD Win 10 Pro x64 (it's a commie plot)
    WD Blue HDD 4 TB. Really. It works. :)
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (white)
    EVGA Supernova 550 G2
    Hauppauge Quad TV tuner with Media Center!

I have come to the conclusion that this has got to be tied to Windows 10 updates since this problem didn't occur until very recently. I've used these same mice on Windows 10 for ages and not until recently has there been a problem. Nothing else has changed except Windows 10. Microsoft might fix this with another update or they may not. If not, I'll just switch to using Microsoft mouses in Windows and use other brands with Linux and OS X machines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2