• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying out this folding thing as well

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R_Pierce

so, decided to see what this folding thing was all about as well. My question is, whats a good PPD number to have when the system is idle?? Attached below is my run from last night (about 7 hours idle time). This is just from my every day use rig. But its interesting to see what numbers can be achieved.

first fold.PNG

Yeah. You're into Kenny Logins territory now. A.K.A. The Danger Zone!

I see that you're around # 1k now but you'll be up into the 500's with just one full day's worth of folding.

If you want to make it fold quicker replace 2 of your cpu:1 and your cpu:4 slots with one that's set up as cpu:6 and remove the other cpu slots as you need to keep one free for feeding the gpu

If you want to make it fold quicker replace 2 of your cpu:1 and your cpu:4 slots with one that's set up as cpu:6 and remove the other cpu slots as you need to keep one free for feeding the gpu

done deal. Removed everything except GPU:1 and CPU:6. And that alone made quite a difference :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
1.22. giggiddy

NICE!! Top 500 here I come! I work third shift, so the computer will fold all night tonight while Im away :)

Hey, if you can keep it on 24/7, at least for the near future, 1.2 M PPD will have you in the top 20 daily producers of this team within a week!

THAT is one heck of a way to introduce yourself to this team with a splash!

I see that you are folding for team 17. Just to be sure, that's not a problem, we fold for the cause, we win 'cause we're the best. ;)

:welcome:

edit
I see that you are now # 501 and moving. That's good point production.

Last edited:
I see that you are folding for team 17. Just to be sure, that's not a problem, we fold for the cause, we win 'cause we're the best. ;)

:welcome:

edit
I see that you are now # 501 and moving. That's good point production.
That's actually not showing correctly. I'm folding for team 32. Or better be! I'm not sure why it says 17?

That's actually not showing correctly. I'm folding for team 32. Or better be! I'm not sure why it says 17?

The Team 17 thing is from the HFM status bar picture. Don't worry about that. It can be configured to show anybody's stats, and might have a typo in it.

We can see from your signature that you are folding for Team 32, and that takes us to: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=730193

You're going to be in a lot of team members rear-view mirrors in just a few days. :clap:

Your on my radar already! I've been folding for 20 years (or so it seams, lol)! Can I borrow your 1080?

Back