Inactive Moderator
    10 Year Badge

MCOC - Marvel Contest of Champions

Does anyone play it? I started 4 months ago and got hooked to it!! Just hit level 53 this past weekend and in a pretty good alliance now.
    ASUS Crosshair V *Water* | FX-8320 Enzotech Sapphire CPU block | 8GB Mushkin 2133 | 6970 2GB | 256GB SSD | SB X-Fi Elite Pro | Corsair 520W Modular | 3x 26" Asus VW266H Eyefinity 5760x1200 | DDC pump with petra top @ 18w, Thermochill HE 120.3 w/ 3x120x38mm Deltas 152cfm on controller |
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: g0dMAn114
    Top 5 Heatware
    **IHS Removal Tutorial**HotFlashing Tutorial**DFI NF4 UTT Problems**Funny-ChuckNorrisFacts**Custom RAM Cooler**
    nightelph: I wanted to play so bad last night but I was OC'ing my video card.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by g0dM@n View Post
    Does anyone play it? I started 4 months ago and got hooked to it!! Just hit level 53 this past weekend and in a pretty good alliance now.
    Hahaahaha! This game still exists?!

I tried it for a while. Got mad when I couldn't unlock whatever limited edition character it was I was after, then gave it up.

This was like two years ago. Never would imagined it would've lasted this long.

No but *I* was hooked on Avengers Alliance and Avengers Alliance 2! Spent WAY too much time on both of those games (not to mention $$$) only to have them shut BOTH of them down the same month.

I'm done with games that I don't have at least a reasonable amount of control over. I refused to invest my time in something that somebody can just take away at any moment. (And I'm REALLY missing my original copy of Pro Skater 2 right about now...)

Oh... and by the way... YOU'RE A MOD! There *is* a game section you know...
    Core 4 Q9550 @4003mhz 1.30v
    Core 2 Duo e8400 @ 4.6ghz 1.328v (E0 Stepping)
    Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.8ghz 1.525v
    Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
    OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
    Corsair 750TX PSU
    Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
    BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202

Inactive Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by rainless View Post
    Hahaahaha! This game still exists?!

I tried it for a while. Got mad when I couldn't unlock whatever limited edition character it was I was after, then gave it up.

This was like two years ago. Never would imagined it would've lasted this long.

No but *I* was hooked on Avengers Alliance and Avengers Alliance 2! Spent WAY too much time on both of those games (not to mention $$$) only to have them shut BOTH of them down the same month.

I'm done with games that I don't have at least a reasonable amount of control over. I refused to invest my time in something that somebody can just take away at any moment. (And I'm REALLY missing my original copy of Pro Skater 2 right about now...)

Oh... and by the way... YOU'RE A MOD! There *is* a game section you know...
    I know there's a game section, was just messing around... lol

So this game makes like $40mil a month is what I've heard. The problem, like you said, is it's hard to leave it for a day. The setup is brilliant. It's designed to keep you hooked... eventually, I'll ease up, but I've amped up my setup pretty quickly in a 4 month period... was curious if any of you were into it.
    ASUS Crosshair V *Water* | FX-8320 Enzotech Sapphire CPU block | 8GB Mushkin 2133 | 6970 2GB | 256GB SSD | SB X-Fi Elite Pro | Corsair 520W Modular | 3x 26" Asus VW266H Eyefinity 5760x1200 | DDC pump with petra top @ 18w, Thermochill HE 120.3 w/ 3x120x38mm Deltas 152cfm on controller |
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: g0dMAn114
    Top 5 Heatware
    **IHS Removal Tutorial**HotFlashing Tutorial**DFI NF4 UTT Problems**Funny-ChuckNorrisFacts**Custom RAM Cooler**
    nightelph: I wanted to play so bad last night but I was OC'ing my video card.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by g0dM@n View Post
    I know there's a game section, was just messing around... lol

So this game makes like $40mil a month is what I've heard. The problem, like you said, is it's hard to leave it for a day. The setup is brilliant. It's designed to keep you hooked... eventually, I'll ease up, but I've amped up my setup pretty quickly in a 4 month period... was curious if any of you were into it.
    NOW I remember what happened. Maybe they fixed this now... but I reached a point where I couldn't get any further. I was making it through the missions until I hit a mission that my characters couldn't come CLOSE to finishing. And I had already did all the missions before that. Completed them all 100%. And I mean I was nowhere CLOSE to a high enough level to continue. I would've had to play the same levels over and over again for like six months to a YEAR just to get past the mission I was at...
    Core 4 Q9550 @4003mhz 1.30v
    Core 2 Duo e8400 @ 4.6ghz 1.328v (E0 Stepping)
    Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.8ghz 1.525v
    Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
    OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
    Corsair 750TX PSU
    Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
    BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202