• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Question] Case Fans Replacement...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They're probably good fans, but why? Is there a specific problem you're trying to solve? The fans in the Phanteks case are pretty good fans to start with.

They're probably good fans, but why? Is there a specific problem you're trying to solve? The fans in the Phanteks case are pretty good fans to start with.
Just trying to get enough air flow into the case while keeping the case quiet. Right now is a bit noisy.

Ahh. My age must be showing, LOL. I can't hear the fans in my Phanteks case. I can barely hear the fans in my AIO.
Oh lol is not your age. Right now I have static fans 120mm in the case helping the 200mm fan in the front move the air across the hdd cages. Also feeding more air from the top to the noctua nh-d15 cooler. I only have the case 140mm fan pushing air out behind the cooler. I may remove them and see if the noise go down. I read that two 140mm fans on the front is better than the stock 200mm. So was planning to test it out.

Did it come with two 140s? The Luxe does, and a 140 up top with the 140 regular exhaust should move some air. I have a 140 intake on the bottom, 140 exhaust on the back, and three 120s on the radiator up top.

BTW, still love that GPU. :D

Oh nice and to answer your question nope. It come with one 140mm on the back and the 200"mm on the front.

Bummer. That would explain the fan inquiry. I don't have personal experience with the XSPC fans, but they're certainly reputable. Hopefully someone will chime in who has some personal use to share.

Oh i see np yea, I may experiment with a few fans and see what will work. Thanks man! I am tired so crashing for now. TTYL.

You'll be hard pressed to find better fans than the stock Phanteks fans for combination of quiet and airflow. I would replace the 120's you added with better ones. Like Alaric, I have no experience with XSPC fans so I can't say much about them. I can say stay away from the Yateloon High speeds. Great for radiators but loud as hell LOL. I picked up a couple 4 packs of the Cougar Turbine on a whim as they were inexpensive and was very pleased with how quiet they were while still maintaining very good airflow.

A quick search shows the Phanteks 200SP moves 110cfm of air while the 140SP moves 82cfm each so in theory 2x140mm should move more air.

I have had exsperience with older XSPC fans, called Xinruilian. They were sleeve bearing fans. The 140mm fan was reviewed here and here. I cannot find any reviews of their 120mm fans, but they are sleeve bearing fans and voltage-controlled.

Before you replace any fans cut out the rear "grill" and think about using your exhaut fan elsewhere. Cover the cut sides of the resulting exhaust window with the slide grips from cheap report covers you can buy at your local stationery store. The rear cutout allows air to escape the case with no buildup of pressure. See here for an ancient experiment. It is hilarious to see how potent such a simple trick can be.

Back