• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beginner - Case question - Any opinions appreciated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome inputs guys. I'm actually leaning toward the 570X RGB now - if I'm reading correctly it can support a 320mm+240mm and it looks sexy (on sale today on Newegg for $168 on top of everything else). Blay's case thread is definitely amazing and extremely helpful. That should be stickied imho since every new guy needs a good case to get any wc setup started. If I go with the 570X I'll need to switch to a different mobo though since the IX Extreme is E-ATX. Looking at the GA-Z270X-Gaming 9...opinions on motherboards are appreciated also. I'm going to stick with a 7700K so Z270 chipset for now.

I can deffo recommend the Aorus line of boards having owned 2 the K5 and now the K7

The 570X is indeed an awesome case but with a 360 in front and 240 in the roof you'll find it hard to mount a rez and pump somewhere it can be done but will be a challenge. I was going to go with that case as well but ended up with the one I have as i wanted to try out the MMRS products which is buid to suit type.

Hmmm...the GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 (305mm x 264mm) and the Maximus IX Extreme (305mm x 272mm) are both E-ATX. I'm showing the 570X supports up to 272mm but it doesn't mention E-ATX as being supported (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/crystal-series-570x-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case). The mounting holes should be the same for ATX and E-ATX so in theory I could still use either of them? Corsair tech support and Gigabyte tech support didn't know for sure when I called them.

It's hard to say unless you physically try. If you have a Microcenter near you I know they carry the 570x (at least the one in MI does). Maybe shoot up there and see if they have an eATX board too. Just an idea.

I'm sure it will fit but it'll hang over valuable rez mounting real estate

"Motherboard: ATX (Up to 272mm), MicroATX, Mini ITX" that means it'll fit eatx in their word lol like ya said atx and eaxt are the same bolt pattern it''l just hang over the grommets some

Hahaha...ya...all about real estate I suppose. Thanks for the replies. I ran it through google but you never know what you are going to get for validity of responses.

Back