• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O-Rings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

i had to take out my water cooling set because of a failed pump. Im finally ordering a new pump/res. i would like to replace all the o-rings in my fittings before i go through and reassemble the PC. I have some Alphacool and some XSPC fittings. All of them are G1/4" 1/2" thread and im looking at performance PC and am having trouble locating the correct brand of O-rings. Will ANY brand of G1/4 O-Ring work?
such as these?
http://www.performance-pcs.com/new-bitspower-o-ring-set-50pcs-black.html#Details

Last edited:
This is an interesting question. I cannot reliably sensed this but I am interested in knowing what others think. To be honest I typically go to my local TSC and pick up a bag of O-rings that are the same size as one I pull off of a random fitting and then use them. For reference I have a mixture of XSPC, Barrow, and Bitspower fittings.

This is an interesting question. I cannot reliably sensed this but I am interested in knowing what others think. To be honest I typically go to my local TSC and pick up a bag of O-rings that are the same size as one I pull off of a random fitting and then use them. For reference I have a mixture of XSPC, Barrow, and Bitspower fittings.

That sounds familiar, I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 205pc HNBR O-ring Assortment kit, the O-rings are green and withstand higher temperature variations and chemicals, and yes they are overkill but only costs a few cents over the standard O-rings.

As far as buying the assortment kit I am always experimenting anyway so it seemed the best idea to me.

Back