• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Custom Loop v2 Opinions-Questions ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StavrosPro

Registered
Hello again. It used this one week to research many things about water cooling, as people suggested me on doing, and I finally came up with my WC Build (not final yet). So, as previously I am concerned about the cost and I would be more than happy to know if this can get any cheaper.
I would also want to know how I can use the Mayhems Pastel Blue Berry (as I can't really find any sources to help) and if this will stain before the 1 year maintenance.
As for the dye thing, I know that all of you guys recommend only distilled water +PT nuke but I would like to know if I could use this Pastel (for aesthetics of course) and still be covered.

This is the build: EDIT: I will buy Barrow compression fittings that's why they are not included in the build.

Hi Stavros,

Do you intend to OC this rig? Not sure if one low profile 360 rad would cover for that.
If not, you are probably ok.

Pastel dye will stain your acrylic/petg parts, so, be prepared for that.
If you want to make it more affordable you can consider Barrow and Bykski blocks from AliExpress.
FormulaMod has proven to me to be a reliable seller.

Barrow and Bykski blocks are very well built and may cost half of the price.
I have never done a comparison on their performance though.
But I mean, if you are planning to stain it is better do that on a part that you can replace later without having to sell one of your kidneys, just saying...

Barrow fittings are great.

M

Hi Stavros,

Do you intend to OC this rig? Not sure if one low profile 360 rad would cover for that.
If not, you are probably ok.

Pastel dye will stain your acrylic/petg parts, so, be prepared for that.
If you want to make it more affordable you can consider Barrow and Bykski blocks from AliExpress.
FormulaMod has proven to me to be a reliable seller.

Barrow and Bykski blocks are very well built and may cost half of the price.
I have never done a comparison on their performance though.
But I mean, if you are planning to stain it is better do that on a part that you can replace later without having to sell one of your kidneys, just saying...

Barrow fittings are great.

M
Oh then I have more questions now
1. I was looking at this site (http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/10/) and it says that this 360mm rad is one of the best. So what other 360mm rad would you suggest me?
2. Can I, in any way, have blue liquid coolant and not stain anything in a petg tubing?

Oh then I have more questions now
1. I was looking at this site (http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/10/) and it says that this 360mm rad is one of the best. So what other 360mm rad would you suggest me?
2. Can I, in any way, have blue liquid coolant and not stain anything in a petg tubing?

#1 - I would risk a 360 rad in that setup if I could have a monsta / 60mm rad with push pull fans, otherwise I would go for more rad. Just heads up: thicker rads and push pull require more room in your case.
#2 - Short answer is no. I have no knowledge about non staining dyes in the market and people would be talking about it if we had something like that out there.

M

Back