• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rebuild Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

It's been almost two years since I ripped everything apart and upgraded the system. All of the old parts are in my signature. The new parts, not counting water cooling parts.

I7-6850k or 6950X, have both, not sure which yet.
Asus Rampage V 10
2 x eVGA 1080 FTW
4 x 16GB G.Skill Titan Z 3200Mhz
1 TB Samsung 960 Pro

Here is the before pic:

Before.JPG

Everything out pic:

Empty.jpg

All the parts back to stock state for testing. On air, I couldn't run Realbench with the 3 x 780's. The first and second card were in the high 80's. Before I added the fan, they were too hot. 3dMark runs fine with all three, even Firestrike Ultimate.

Removed.jpg

Case minus pedestal with rad push/pull and some fans.

NoPed2.jpg

New parts. The Corsair H100i is great for bench testing.

New.jpg

More later......

Added an RX360 radiator and three more case fans.

The CaseLabs cases are great. Sure, they are expensive, but you can do things with them that is impossible with other cases. They are flat packed and you have to put everything together. To install the front quad rad, you MUST remove the entire front. To install the RX360, it was much easier to just remove that piece of the case and install it outside the case. Ordering any parts from them always says 3-4 weeks. You'd think they would have parts on hand.

IMG_0158.JPG

Here are the water-cooling parts, besides the rads.

EK-FB ASUS R5-E10 Monoblock RGB Edition (I love this block. It still only passively cools the PCH, but it is great looking)
2 X EK-FC1080 GTX FTW - Nickel Plated Copper Water Block with Acetal Top for EVGA® GeForce GTX 1080 FTW
2 x EK-FC1080 GTX FTW Backplate - Black
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Serial - Acetal
EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite
EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Acetal (2nd pump for redundancy)
2 X EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm Fan)
Bitspower Flow Sensor (BP-FS-CLBKMBK) - Clear/Black/Matte Black
Tygon E-3603 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Clear Tubing
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut High Performance Thermal Grease
Corsair Air Series SP120 Performance Edition High Static Pressure 120mm
Corsair Air Series AF120 120mm
DarkSide 3-Pin Quad Radiator Push-Pull 8x Fan Y Splitter Cable - Jet Black Sleeved
DarkSide 3-Pin Triple Radiator Push- Pull 6x Fan Y Splitter Cable - Jet Black Sleeved
DarkSide 3-Pin Dual Radiator Push-Pull 4x Fan Y Splitter Cable - Jet Black Sleeved
EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G1/4
EK-AF FillPort G1/4
EK-ACF Compression Fitting 12/16mm (7/16 x 5/8")
EK-AF T-Splitter 3F G1/4 - Black
Various EK extenders and angled adapters
Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Aluminum Liquid Cooling Controller - Black (One channel for the 8 fans on quad = 24w, the SP fans are 3w ea), (One for the 6 fans on the triple = 24w, the AF fans are 4W ea), (One for the 4 case fans = 16w), (One each for the pumps), (One for the flow meter) = 6 channels

Last edited:
Testing the fans. They do put out some air, so much that the camera actually captured the wind! I really need to flip the front fans around so that the power cables go down the other side. It's such a pain though. I have to remove the entire front of the case. It will hide the wires easier..... ugh.

DSCN0002b.jpg

Last edited:
I just had to hide the fan wires. I pulled the plug and took off the front and switched them around. If you have a Case Labs case, they are far from tool free. You need a good cordless screwdriver. This is how I hope the flow to go. It's going to be close with the motherboard tray and the res, but I think it will just barely fit. What stinks is the way I need it, the res is backwards and the pump is upside down. I really wanted to put the AX1500i at the top next to the rad. The PSU will fit, but not with the brace. Since it is so big, it really needs the brace. I also moved the rad all the way down. It takes up 13 of the 17 bays. I need one for the fan controller and maybe one for the Blu Ray burner. I also have a two bay hard drive brace, but I don't think I'll use it. There is space behind for four SSD's and three regular drives. Tomorrow I put the blocks on the GPU's and motherboard..........

Flow.jpg

GPU's look so small nekkid. I wish that there was no DVI port and that someone made a single slot bracket. It's such a shame to still have to use a two slot bracket that wastes a space.

BreGPU.jpg

Here it is prepped for the block with Kryonaut. I usually use MX-4, but I thought I'd give this a try. Oops, I spilled a little. Oh well, non conductive. Why are there only 8 memory chips? I'm used to 9........ Non reference board?

PrepGPU.jpg

All finished with back plate. One down and one to go. I don't know why people buy acrylic. They are upside down anyway.....in most cases.

DoneGPU.jpg

For those new to this, it is much easier to set the block on the case it comes in and lower the GPU onto the block than install the block on the GPU and flip it around. You need the box so that the bracket stays out of the way.

BTW, these blocks were a steal since they are EOL....89.00 each at PPCs.

Last edited:
Well the motherboard tray fits easily the way I have the res installed. may change it, I'm not sure yet.

Itfits.JPG

I did screw up on the terminal. I ordered a two space terminal when I need I three space. I have a three space, I can just order a blank, but after I threw together what I have on hand for extenders and spacers, I kind of like this setup instead...if it wasn't for the silver one in there. I couldn't find a black one. I'm throwing a loop together out of the case to test everything BEFORE I go through all of that work.

I was hoping Amazon had terminals from EK on Prime that could be delivered tomorrow, but they don't have any in Prime and what they had from the third part wanted 60 bucks for a 24.00 part. I'm only 90 miles from PPC's, so I always get Priority mail the next day. I have actually been there a couple of times. They do have a neat operation.

GPU.JPG

All filled up and no obvious leaks. I have never had a loop bleed so fast. I see absolutely no air bubbles flowing. I'll let is run for a couple of hours before I fire it up for the test.

Here's the mess. It's hard to see the monoblock LED's with the flash.

DSCN0042.JPG

Those nasty cables are going as well and will be replaced with these.

Cables.jpg

I wish I had the gray/black and red heat spreaders on the memory, but they didn't have them when I bought these.

Last edited:
I just bought so many fitting adapters and extenders, all of my tubing runs should be totally straight. I was going to go hardline tubing, but after watching a guy on Youtube take 40 minutes to do one length of tubing with two bends, that's just too much work, even though it looks very good. I have plastisizer free tubing anyway.

Back