• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling question regard: Radiator, water flow route

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Again, temps within a loop dont vary by kore than 1-2C... loop order doesnt matter. You arent dumping out (measureably) more heat like that... :)

Understand, trying to suck the information into me. So to get things on the right, high rpm vs low rpm will not vary more than 1-2C ? or am i wrong?

Understand, trying to suck the information into me. So to get things on the right, high rpm vs low rpm will not vary more than 1-2C ? or am i wrong?

Dependent on the FPI of the radiators. The higher the FPI (resistance), the higher the fans will need to spin, assuming they're well balanced fans (static pressure) for rads.

Say if a high 30 FPI rad had 800 RPM fans on and another high 30 FPI rad had 3000 RPM fans on, you'd see a bigger difference than 1c-2c surely.

Check out Martinslinquidlab if you like to see the data that's been tested. Granted his material is from a few years back, the same principle still stands relevant today and for many years to come.

Dependent on the FPI of the radiators. The higher the FPI (resistance), the higher the fans will need to spin, assuming they're well balanced fans (static pressure) for rads.

Say if a high 30 FPI rad had 800 RPM fans on and another high 30 FPI rad had 3000 RPM fans on, you'd see a bigger difference than 1c-2c surely.

Check out Martinslinquidlab if you like to see the data that's been tested. Granted his material is from a few years back, the same principle still stands relevant today and for many years to come.

I see, so higher FPI, the higher RPM you need. Honestly, 3000 RPM is ridiculous high and noisy i think. But i get your point. !!!

At stock speed + some overclock on CPU i think perhap somewhere around max 1200 RPM pr. fan = 5 fans in total (360mm + 240mm) would be good enough (I hope, shruugs).

Iv seen Jaytwocents do the review of EKWB VARDAR series Fans, that impressed me and thinking about going for those fans.
Alphacool radiator and ekwb reservoir / pump. Fittings probalty from alphacool.

Pretty sure I was able to run 4.2-4.3 passive on the rads =) so even with some low speed fans you will be happy with the results .

I have a new question, regard screw. Say your radiator is 30mm tick, and according to case spec im allowed to max 55mm.. so fan need to be 25mm tick. Soooo.. is it correct to use a 30mm screws to attack fan to radiator? will those 5mm extra touch/damage radiator?

I have a new question, regard screw. Say your radiator is 30mm tick, and according to case spec im allowed to max 55mm.. so fan need to be 25mm tick. Soooo.. is it correct to use a 30mm screws to attack fan to radiator? will those 5mm extra touch/damage radiator?

That depends entirely on the radiator. Some have guards, some place fan screw holes in places that wont hurt the rad. My buddy had me help him build a system a few years ago and his radiators came with 2 different length screws. I specifically told him at least twice make sure you only use the short screws. Well apparently he didnt hear me cus he ran a screw right into one of the water tubes. Fortunately I am handy as hell and managed to repair the damage with a heat gun and some glue sticks, but could have been a disaster.

i see, i think these screws come as accessories when ordering Alphacool Radiator, you get 30 and 35mm screws.
Did check some review, but these was back in 2016.

Edit: Oh i just found... like this one:
label.jpg

What does Decoupling means? :-S

Last edited:
Every radiator I have ever used, that I remember, uses 30mm screws if you are screwing a 25mm fan to the radiator. There used to be the days people used thicker fans, which required longer screws. The 25mm fans are so good now for static pressure (If you buy good fans), there really isn't any sense using thicker fans. If you are mounting the radiator directly to the case, typically you use 6mm screws. If I use fan grills, I still use the 30mm screws.

Back