• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flash VBios to Nvidia GTX 960M,and fix throttling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theoverclocker9

Registered
Hi to all,

I have a Lenovo Y-700-15ISK laptop with Nvidia GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 GPU.

I would like to get this GPU's VBios and overclock it!

And I would also like to resolve one issue!

Lenovo have set my GPU to start throttling when it hits 67 degrees Celsius,which is pretty annoying!

When I have just started playing GTA V for an example,the GPU reaches that 67 degrees Celsius for less than a minute,and then starts throttling!

And the GPU's throttling temp in this laptop's BIOS can not be set,because it's locked,and there is no way to unlock that BIOS so far!

Is there a way I can set the GPU throttling to a temperature higher than 67 degrees Celsius, when I will flash the GPU's VBios?

And I would also like to know which OC values are best for my GPU,I mean the best reccommended!The OC value for the core clock is limited to max +135 MHz in this moment!
Can I pass that limit?

And I would please to someone give me a step by step tutorial (it would be great if it is a video tutorial!)for getting the VBios and flashing it!

And is there a way I can get back the unmodified VBios if I want to?

Please help me!

Thanks to all in advance!

Best regards!

Typically altering the GPU in a laptop is not a good idea. First it voids your warranty and secondly laptops already have cooling restraints. Usually the GPU and CPU are cooled by the same system of heat pipes and fans so I'm not surprised st the lower temp threshold on the GPU to help keep the CPU from overheating. The other thing is those tools are available but you should really do some research before using them.
You might want to check into why it's already overheating. Could be it's just dirty and the cooler plugged with dust/hair.

Dear Johan45,thank you for replying to me!
The most important thing for me is not the OC!
The most important thing for me is to change the GPU throttling temp which starts at 67 degrees Celsius,to a higher temperature!
And that can not be changed in this BIOS so.far because it is locked for tweaking,and there is no unlocked BIOS for my laptop so far!
So please help.me to.set the GPU throttling temp to a value higher than 67 degrees Celsius!
Thank you!

Back