• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ID-COOLING ICEKIMO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OvO_Sound_Radio

hi, interested in this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...UX4TIfPVjYodkfRVVHQhQaAqS58P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

but looking for input, i does used copper block with aluminum radiator which im reading is bad unless you have some additive to the fluid to help with corrosion
with corrosion is the worry just getting super gunked up after a long time? or is full out leaking and issue with the metal mix??

i just had a deepcool AIO leak on me a few weeks ago

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...zz1Mf4aIIe66p7oxH9Uc4aAtw08P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

after about 3 months of use but the manufacturer sent me 1200 via paypal for gpu and MB replacement

i haven't been overclocking with my little air cooler iv been using since the leak and really want a new AOI but and now a little put off since the one the leaked my was 1st time water cooling
i was glad to see how fast and easy deepcool was to send me cash, and they didnt even make me send them the damaged goods as proof (would have equaled more waiting time other wise i wouldn't really care to point that out)

also, does leaving a PC on 24/7 make your risk of leaks higher? i ask cuzz my cooler that did leak was not from the connectors, but from a glass tube that was glued in and the glue came undone , the pipe started popping out tho not fully out, just enough to leak (see link above to see photos of glass tube if you don't understand what im saying)
so i wonder if by always running warm if that's why my AIO leaked.. i play BDO thats a game that has AFK functions and basicly.. you feel a needed to have it running non stop .. with that in mind would i be better off with air cooling since i do plan to have my pc on 24/7

To be honest OvO a quality air cooler will cool as well or better that these "less expensive" AIO coolers. To add to that when an air cooler fails it's usually not catastrophic. All electronics have an estimated run life and leaving them on 24/7 simply gets you there quicker. If you're not going for maximum clocks then I would stick to the larger air coolers. What case will you be putting this in and what CPU are you running?

thanks for the replies , i have a i7 6700k and with my old watercooler i did overclock 35% via the sabertooth s easy mode bios thing.. since the switch to a cheap low profile air cooler i had on hand from my older build im not OC and i do see the difference as BDO (game) is very cpu heavy . add to that ill often have 100 crome tabs, 10 Gimp (photoshop like program) , blender (3d model program) BDO open doing afk tasks , and even second life on max setting (dont judge me, i make real life money on there selling 3d ****)
case wise im using this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...10&cm_re=white_pc_case-_-11-353-110-_-Product
also running a gtx 1080 FTW that i really should water cool, cuzz the back plate gets pretty damn hot

my main worry was the cross metal usage in this AIO is that a leak issue or more a shorter life span issue from gunk ? (i can live with shorter life span long as it runs for 2years )
i agree a air cooler would be fine if i got a tower one... but thats the thing.. i really like the look of the water block vs a big *** fan block

If you're still looking for a AIO, go with reputed companies with positive reviews like Corsair or NZXT for AIOs or if you're really looking to start in the custom world, read up our stickies and do lots of research before venturing into custom otherwise just stick with a AIO.

I would also advise on backup all your stuff if you're worried of a leak again, just in case.

used to use a cool cube case, but with this newer build i did in december, i NEEDED an all white MB and the cube case i have is mini and the mini atx motherboards that are white dont OC .. and the one that does is kinda old now and was limited .. cant find it now.. this is me defending ,my cheap *** case... its sturdy tho.. i expected it to feel cheap too, and its no steel body... but it holds up well

Maybe you didn't see this cooler? Lol
Phanteks PH-TC12DX

If you are going to stick with an AIO I would not use a mixed metal one. To answer your question. It may not leak but corrosion is inevitable in a long enough time line and your water block will get clogged. Like Console and Jack recommended I would look for a quality 240 or 280mm AIO. Ithe sounds like you rely quite a bit on your rig. Some other good brands are Swiftech h220x and the Cooler Master Glacer 240L. The h220x even comes with RGB (+white) less for your color theme.

Back