• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major point differences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
So I installed the latest client and set it up on my 980Ti early this morning. Now I know the client is simply an estimate of points received, and the final number will vary somewhat from what it guesses you will receive as far as points go but I am seeing a massive difference.

I have turned in 4 WU so far. 1 est ~71K points, 2 est ~ 40K points, and 1 est ~35K points. According to EOC stats page the first 2 WU I turned in only netted me 15K points which would be the 70K and the 35K units. The other 2 wont show until the next update in just over an hour.

So, any ideas where this massive difference between the estimated points and the actual points is coming from?

Sometimes points wont get approved until the next update. I find that anything around an hour before the update will have to wait to see on the next round.

passkey missing or not qualified? the client estimates total credit (base + quick return bonus). same passkey+username can be used on more than one host and only needs to be qualified once, which requires 10 wu completed and maintain 80% good wu.

Should be the same passkey I have always used. I went to stanfords site and requested my key the copy and pasted it into the client. The WUs are showing up under my profile as expected, but I am only getting about 1/10th of the points that the client is estimating. I have made 23,583 so far today in the last 14 hours on a 980Ti. That seems very wrong. The client is estimating I should be making around 500K PPD.

I guess Ill let it go overnight, but it it doesn't improve Im just going to have to shut it off. This system is in my bedroom and I could really do without the noise and heat in my sleeping space.

Either the passkey has gone into the client wrong or its not currently qualified to receive the bonus points, with a 980ti it should not take long to get it requalified. A mod over at FF might be able to check if your passkey is still qualified or how close you are to the 80% threshold

It occurs to me that I dont recall ever having to enter a passkey in the past. Is it possible that in the past I never registered a pass key, and since setting it back up I am unqualified? Meaning basically that all my new WUs are being added to my overall count, but the new ones are effectively being treated as I am a new user?

When I did a search by UN I get all ~3k of my WU counted, but if I search by passkey I get a result that says I have only submitted 5 WU. Both results do link me back to my primary profile that shows near 3,000 WU submitted starting in 2003, but maybe I am not receiving bonus point because I never registered a key before today???

that passkey only shows 5 wu completed on the Stanford stats site, which is what the log shows too. also the log shows 1 cpu wu dumped, apparently due to the cpu slot being removed. Looks like this passkey needs to complete 5 more wu to be qualified. Also, passkey should not be posted on public forum. suggest you edit prior post to remove passkey. Could also get a new passkey, but will have to start the 10 wu qualification process again.

It occurs to me that I dont recall ever having to enter a passkey in the past. Is it possible that in the past I never registered a pass key, and since setting it back up I am unqualified? Meaning basically that all my new WUs are being added to my overall count, but the new ones are effectively being treated as I am a new user?

The passkey was introduced with the "quick return bonus", but I do not recall what date it started. We did not have passkey (or bonus) in the early days. you can have more than one passkey. each passkey+user name has to be qualified.

5 hours and counting my friend ;)

And here we are 17 hours later and your still 8 places behind me ;p

Anyways I guess I never had a passkey previously, so when I went to stanford and requested my key it just generated a new one. I have just submitted WU #10, so my PPD should normalize going forward.

On another note sweet jesus this GPU puts off some heat. I woke up today to 31C room temps. I don't know how much longer Im gonna be able to take this. May have to get creative and figure out some sort of extra cooling for my bedroom if I plan to keep folding.

And here we are 17 hours later and your still 8 places behind me ;p

Anyways I guess I never had a passkey previously, so when I went to stanford and requested my key it just generated a new one. I have just submitted WU #10, so my PPD should normalize going forward.

On another note sweet jesus this GPU puts off some heat. I woke up today to 31C room temps. I don't know how much longer Im gonna be able to take this. May have to get creative and figure out some sort of extra cooling for my bedroom if I plan to keep folding.

haha, for sure!! Im not sure what was up with those 5k and 6k 3 hour periods yesterday? I got home, restarted the client and was back to 100k+. So not sure if it was just buggy or what?

I also noticed that TI efficiently warms the area as well :)

Yay now that my passkey is qualified I just got my first 500K day. Its quite nice seeing 70K+ per update happening with just 1 GPU. Almost makes it feel like folding back in 03 a complete waste. I remember when I used to recruit people off my instant messenger friends list to help fold under my name to boost my PPD, and even at that with 10+ cleints going barely scraping by with about 1000-2000PPD.

Of course we fold for the cause, but the points certainly are good encouragement!

Side not, its amusing to me that with just this one GPU folding I went from having a list of threats to now only having overtakes.... My how compute power has evolved over the years.

Yay now that my passkey is qualified I just got my first 500K day. Its quite nice seeing 70K+ per update happening with just 1 GPU. Almost makes it feel like folding back in 03 a complete waste. I remember when I used to recruit people off my instant messenger friends list to help fold under my name to boost my PPD, and even at that with 10+ cleints going barely scraping by with about 1000-2000PPD.

Of course we fold for the cause, but the points certainly are good encouragement!

Side not, its amusing to me that with just this one GPU folding I went from having a list of threats to now only having overtakes.... My how compute power has evolved over the years.

Last year in June, I got my GTX 980 ti FTW and that in of it's self was a big boost but then over a few months I got 6 EVGA GTX 1080 SC cards and I went from 250K+ in June to over 1 billion now. It is amazing how far computer's and GPU's have come, blows the mind.

Back