• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think about this waterloop in corsair 900d obsidian case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zgiera

Registered
Hi,
I just need to know what do you think about this kind of waterloop.

I attached my draw to this message how it would looks like.
img005new.jpg

Thanks at advance for your reply

Do you have a 900D at hand or going based on visuals?

Have a look here to get an idea what the 900D is capable of and give us a listing of the PC and water cooling components you're looking to use.

By the looks of your drawings, this looks more in line of a show rig since some of that stuff isn't needed for a single loop with adequate heat surface. Is that what you're trying to achieve or you want a loop based on low delta temps, low audibles, etc.

Last edited:
Hi,
there is a few kinds of hardware involved this project

1 AQUAERO 6XT (incl. temp sensors and pressure sensor)

1 HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 480GTX 4x120mm fans on the top of the pc case

1 HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 480GTX 4x120mm fans on the the bottom left hand side of pc case

1 HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 240GTX 2x120mm fans on the bottom right hand side of pc case

2 AQUA COMPUTER D5 water pumps with BITSPOWER D5 Mod Kit (BP-D5MA-MBK)

1 CPU BLOCK fro 2011-3 Intel i7-6950X

2 GPU waterblock for GTX 1080Ti graphic cards SLI

I'm trying to achived best performance such low delta temperature

Hi,
there is a few kinds of hardware involved this project

1 AQUAERO 6XT (incl. temp sensors and pressure sensor)

1 HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 480GTX 4x120mm fans on the top of the pc case

1 HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 480GTX 4x120mm fans on the the bottom left hand side of pc case

1 HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 240GTX 2x120mm fans on the bottom right hand side of pc case

2 AQUA COMPUTER D5 water pumps with BITSPOWER D5 Mod Kit (BP-D5MA-MBK)

1 CPU BLOCK fro 2011-3 Intel i7-6950X

2 GPU waterblock for GTX 1080Ti graphic cards SLI

I'm trying to achived best performance such low delta temperature

That's one hell of a rig you're building there and I'm sure you will achieve what you're looking for. Very similar to my build.

As far as the AQ6, I'm not sure the pressure sensor still works since I think it uses the Aquabus low and that's been disabled since updating to the newer firmwares and software. I could be wrong but I think this is the case. Nonetheless, great piece of a controller. If you want to setup curves via Aquasuite, make sure you grab some water temp sensors along with the air temp sensors that come included with the AQ6.

Hope to see images of this build once all is said and done. :salute:

I will advise against on the use of a silver kill coil if you're using EK's nickel GPU WBs since it doesn't sit well. I would recommend using Aquacomputer's Clear Double Protect Ultra as has been working for me like a charm. I steer away from colored fluids because of the possibilty of the colors breakdown, stains and clogging.

That's one hell of a rig you're building there and I'm sure you will achieve what you're looking for. Very similar to my build.

As far as the AQ6, I'm not sure the pressure sensor still works since I think it uses the Aquabus low and that's been disabled since updating to the newer firmwares and software. I could be wrong but I think this is the case. Nonetheless, great piece of a controller. If you want to setup curves via Aquasuite, make sure you grab some water temp sensors along with the air temp sensors that come included with the AQ6.

Hope to see images of this build once all is said and done. :salute:

Thanks, I already have some air sensors build in the pc case.
The problem which I found is filling up (full of coolant) the reservoir which is on the left hand side as it's little bit higher than other one. I already have checked waterflow with aquero flow sensor and it shows me 180L/min is it good enough for this kind of waterloop?

- - - Updated - - -

yes you have right about colored coolants as I'm aware about downside of these things :) speaking about Aquacomputer's Clear Double Protect Ultra can I use both of these :
Aquacomputer's Clear Double Protect Ultra and silver kill coil at the same time?

yes you have right about colored coolants as I'm aware about downside of this things :) speaking about Aquacomputer's Clear Double Protect Ultra can I use both of these :
Aquacomputer's Clear Double Protect Ultra and silver kill coil at the same time?
159.jpg 160.jpg 161.jpg

Amazing pics of this build. Keep them coming! lol

Thanks, I already have some air sensors build in the pc case.
The problem which I found is filling up (full of coolant) the reservoir which is on the left hand side as it's little bit higher than other one. I already have checked waterflow with aquero flow sensor and it shows me 180L/min is it good enough for this kind of waterloop?

- - - Updated - - -

yes you have right about colored coolants as I'm aware about downside of these things :) speaking about Aquacomputer's Clear Double Protect Ultra can I use both of these :

As long as the loop is flowing anywhere from 1.0-1.5 GPM, you'll need to convert that to your standard, you're good to go in the flow efficiency department.

As far as the fluid is concerned, you don't need to do anything with the ultra as it already has all the ingredients for protection against growth and corrosion. Therefore you won't need the silver coil. The fluid is only good for one year as you'll have to drain and refill with some fresh fluid. Rinse and repeat and you should be good as long as you don't see any deterioration in the loop. One of the great indicators is the flow meter. If you see your flow gradually decrease, it can be a sign of something going wrong in the loop or abnormal high temps.

If you want color to your build, colored tubing and RGB lighting is the way to go.

Edit: I forgot to add, to make it easier to fill a reservoir in tight spaces, use one of these fill bottles. I got one, actually I have two now because of a error in a order but nonetheless, they came to the rescue when I had a hard time filling my reservoir without having to move things around.

Last edited:
Back