• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two zalmans loops in line need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leoryk

Hi my name is Lukasz, and im new in forum so i want to say hi to everyone.

Ive found zalman raserator xt in my basement, and my friend had second zalman raserator v1 blue, so i did grab it as well for 5 euro.
Im planning to change hose size from zalmans weird size to more standard 3/8 i think it should be possible with xt, but how about v1 as it has kind of plastic screwed in fitting kind of connection?
In general my idea is to use v1 as a extra reservoir for zalman xt. i do want to change booth pumps however, xt will get liang ddc 10w and i want to install eheim in v1 with an extra hose inside to dump heated higher on. Ddc pump has flow about 420lt/h and the eihems are really cheap pumps (diffrence between 300 and 1000 lt/h are negligible. So will it hurt alot if i would order 1000lt version of eihem?
Loop will look like that

in --> raserator v1 --> raserator xt --> waterblocks

i have qute alot watts to dissipate ~500.
I know this setup is not perfect, but cost would be unbeatable ~70-90 euro for two pumps and some 3/8 hose?
Iff my thinking route is somehow wrong please correct me, as im not experienced watercooler. Any help would be apreciated

Regards

Hi and welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Nice grab on the Zalman Reserators, however they are not designed to dissipate that much heat. Their max is about 120/150w if that. 500 watts of heat will overwhelm them and it'll be a waste. My suggestion is to invest in a custom kit to remove that much heat.

I hate to say it, but they're more of a conversation/museum piece.

nebs is right I have a V2 and love the looks but the blocks and overall cooling is fit for a 2 core rig.

Happened to own a Zalman Reserator years ago when I first started water cooling. It's made up entirely of Aluminum. So galvanic corrosion is a big problem if you have mixed metals in your loop. Avoid it at all costs.

Last edited:
Happened to own a Zalman Reserator years ago when I first started water cooling. It's made up entirely of Aluminum. So galvanic corrosion is a big problem if you have mixed metals in your loop. Avoid it at all costs.

My thoughts exactly and thanks for confirming that.

Your best bet is to create your own loop but first, you'll want to check our intro to watercooling stickies and let us know where your basic knowledge stands.

Also, here's a great video to help you get started.

Last edited:
Hi guys don You think that "change them" does not help alot? Im not expert, but i read about modding them to help improve performance. i wont change them iff they are able to meet my needs (why to spend a money?) So does anyone can help me diffrent way? so my questions are still the same.

Back