• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how well will this thermal paste cool my overclocked E8400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitlin4599

ok so as most of you know im building a computer based around the core 2 duo E8400 that i plan to overclock, my cpu cooler is the corsair A70. since im low on funds till i get paid as i only get paid once a month i bought some cheap thermal paste from my local pc repair and sales shop. below is a link to the stuff i have on hand keep in mind i didnt order it from this website i bought it locally. just using this site for reference since my local seller doesnt list it for sale on his site how good is it in terms of cooling an overclocked E8400?

edit i cant buy anything better for another 2 weeks as im broke till then

http://www.alliedelec.com/mg-chemicals-860-4g/70125593/

Im sure its good enough to start with (slight chance thst its only good for stock speeds). You can start tuning your system now. Make sure you watch your thermal margins though. When you get better paste you likely see temps drop a few degrees. At that point you can either push for a higher overclock or just feel good in the knowledge that you are running you cpu at a nice temp

Im sure its good enough to start with (slight chance thst its only good for stock speeds). You can start tuning your system now. Make sure you watch your thermal margins though. When you get better paste you likely see temps drop a few degrees. At that point you can either push for a higher overclock or just feel good in the knowledge that you are running you cpu at a nice temp

what program would you recommend for monitoring the temps as i overclock my os is xp 32bit

Ive never overclocked on XP. If HWMonitor doesn't work (I think I remember seeing a x32 version) then your guess is as good as mine. You could also try hwinfo but again I do not know about support for WinXP

Ive never overclocked on XP. If HWMonitor doesn't work (I think I remember seeing a x32 version) then your guess is as good as mine. You could also try hwinfo but again I do not know about support for WinXP

ok as far as thermal paste i have a choice of arctic silver 5 mx-2 or mx-4 what do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back