• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooler for i7 2600k overclock to 5GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jase888

Its come to the time where i need to overclock my CPU as struggling with CPU heavy games like Battlegrounds. Ive overclocked currently to 4.5GHz with a Titan 212 but seeing too high temps so not turning PC on until i've got a better cooler.

Im thinking of a Cryorig H7 or H5 or a Corsair H80i - which would be best for overclocking this CPU eventually up to 5GHZ comfortably? I would assume the H80i but did hear something about water cpu cooling may not be too good on this cpu?

Any advise appreciated

i cant say which of those three would be best but i can say that watercooling it is your only real option. ive got my 2600k watercooled and has been for years with no issues.

i cant say which of those three would be best but i can say that watercooling it is your only real option. ive got my 2600k watercooled and has been for years with no issues.

Ok what cpu cooler do you use on your 2600k then? and have you overclocked it high?

im using an old ek supremacy block with a triple radiator that includes a gtx 580 and gpu waterblock. ugh i havent oced it for years but im certain that it hit 5ghz with the custom loop its on. temps were pretty high if i remember correctly like in the 70-80c range underload.

Correct me if I am wrong here but weren't SB chips rated up to like 95C?

Obviously cooler is better, but not using your PC till you get a better heatsink seems a bit silly to me.

What temps are you getting with the current configuration?

What temps are you getting at 4.5? What vcore do you need for 4.5 to get it stable?

There is no guarantee that you will be able to hit 5.0 on this chip. Find out if you are temp limited or vcore limited before you spend money on new cooling.

I have a custom WC loop and my 2600K will not get stable at 4.7 It just needs way to many volts. Heat is not the issue for me.

just about any large 120mm cooler will handle that chip at 5ghz those chips were super efficient... given that your chip doesnt take a a bunch of voltage to reach it.

No guarantee that particular chip will do 5 ghz on any ambient cooling method.

Back