• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L shaped 90-degree

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedarkdad3

Registered
I basically want to run an L however the fittings I have seen (90 degrees) have compression on one end and thread on other end. I need the tubes to connect on both end thus have compression on both ends.

am i missing something here?

20170425_010908196_iOS.thumb.jpg.2280f723f571433488564bfb3c7c1acc.jpg

You don't want to route your loop as illustrated with both lines. For example, you can go from radiator > CPU > GPU > Drain? > Rad/Res/Pump combo.

When you talk about tubing, are you referring to soft or hard? If soft, have a look at this image of my build where I use compression fittings, angles and extenders as well as a "L-shape" route from the CPU to GPU.

22643617906_3a010fbcf1_h.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm completely misunderstanding with what you're saying.

Get hard tubing if you want it to be all straight lines like that. Just know that every additional connection is another potential leak point.

gonna hold off on harline as that would require an entire new setup. ^ ^^ ^

Are you saying you can't find this fitting?

fitting 90 02.jpg

Alphacool HT 16mm HardTube compression fitting 90° L-connector

I'm also not seeing why that would be needed. Are you just trying to add the GPU into your already existent CPU loop? You would just take a line going from the output of the CPU block to the input of the GPU block. Then outlet of the GPU block to the same spot the current output of the CPU block goes.
With your system, lines go like this:

- Outlet of the pump/res/rad combo goes to inlet of the CPU block.
- Outlet of the CPU block goes to inlet of the GPU block.
- Outlet of the GPU block goes back to the pump/res/rad combo.

No need for any special fittings, and the more you add in the more restriction you add and the greater chance of leak you get.
Keep it simple, and use the least amount of hose and fittings possible.

Back