• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feasibility of Alphacool Eisbaer Solo as the basis of a budget custom loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

Hi all. Been eyeballing the Eisbaer Solo (http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...es/20228/alphacool-eisbaer-solo-2600rpm-black) as a budget option for my brother when he decides to jump on the custom loop train. He really wants to, but i know him and i know he would prefer to keep things simple and cheap. So the Eisbaer Solo seemed like a good fit as you get res + pump + block all in one, and standard G1/4 fittings. Run some clear (or colored) soft tubing adding a good size rad (probably a 360mm if it can fit, which im not sure), and add a single GPU block in there.

Would that seem doable?

Follow-up question if so:
Looking to build the loop in a Dukase V2. It looks like it could take 3 120mm fans up top, but im not sure it actually can. I have a Deepcool Captain 240ex in my own dukase v2, and the thickness of that rad (which isn't very thick, its an AIO after all) plus the fans leaves pretty much no space between the fans and mobo. So i think things might be a little limited.

What would be your guys's suggestion for a good rad? Tubing? Fittings? Etc. Looks like he might settle on an RX580 for a GPU, so i'll keep an eye out for blocks. While i know EK is the go to, what others should be worth considering?

Thanks all!

Hi all. Been eyeballing the Eisbaer Solo (http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...es/20228/alphacool-eisbaer-solo-2600rpm-black) as a budget option for my brother when he decides to jump on the custom loop train. He really wants to, but i know him and i know he would prefer to keep things simple and cheap. So the Eisbaer Solo seemed like a good fit as you get res + pump + block all in one, and standard G1/4 fittings. Run some clear (or colored) soft tubing adding a good size rad (probably a 360mm if it can fit, which im not sure), and add a single GPU block in there.

Would that seem doable?

Follow-up question if so:
Looking to build the loop in a Dukase V2. It looks like it could take 3 120mm fans up top, but im not sure it actually can. I have a Deepcool Captain 240ex in my own dukase v2, and the thickness of that rad (which isn't very thick, its an AIO after all) plus the fans leaves pretty much no space between the fans and mobo. So i think things might be a little limited.

What would be your guys's suggestion for a good rad? Tubing? Fittings? Etc. Looks like he might settle on an RX580 for a GPU, so i'll keep an eye out for blocks. While i know EK is the go to, what others should be worth considering?

Thanks all!

Hey there!
I don't know why but the link you mentioned doesn't open for me.
I had to google Eisbaer products to understand what you are talking about.
I don't like the looks and I am resistent to have a pump and a res attached to my CPU.
Think about the pump vibration transfered to the CPU and MOBO...
One of the consequences of this type of product is not just noise but the stress on the LGA conector over time.

But what is your intention with this build? Looks? Silence? Temps?
Also, since you mentioned "affordable" what is your total budget?

I don't know the price of this Eisbaer thing, but if I were you...
I would go full custom with barrow fittings, blocks and res; and/or bykski that you can find out there on AliExpress site.
Or maybe just save a little more money if the budget doesn't cover it all.

M

Hey there!
I don't know why but the link you mentioned doesn't open for me.
I had to google Eisbaer products to understand what you are talking about.
I don't like the looks and I am resistent to have a pump and a res attached to my CPU.
Think about the pump vibration transfered to the CPU and MOBO...
One of the consequences of this type of product is not just noise but the stress on the LGA conector over time.

But what is your intention with this build? Looks? Silence? Temps?
Also, since you mentioned "affordable" what is your total budget?

I don't know the price of this Eisbaer thing, but if I were you...
I would go full custom with barrow fittings, blocks and res; and/or bykski that you can find out there on AliExpress site.
Or maybe just save a little more money if the budget doesn't cover it all.

M

Ah yes, i've heard of the barrow/bykski stuff. That was something i was going to compare cost with against an Alphacool Eisbaer Solo buildout. The unit itself is only about $55. Intention with the build is looks + temps while keeping the overall cost down. I don't know what my brother's budget is but i do know that it would be about keeping quality high while keeping costs low. He tells me he doesn't want to "cheap out" but I know he also doesn't want to spend too much. His case is a Deepcool Dukase v2 and i know that the max thickness (with standard sized fans installed) 240mm radiator it can support in the top is about 53mm.

Back