• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte z97 Low cpu v ring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kodelic

I am fairly new to overclocking and am trying to push my i5 4670k to 4.6 ghz but the biggest issue I'm running into is my motherboard(GIGABYTE GA-Z97M-DS3H). The cpu ring voltage will not let me take it past 1.149v, I belive I need it at 1.2-1.25 but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get past this issue, also tried putting a gain of .100v on it but whenever I push the ring v past stock it just disables the gain, any help is greatly appreciated!

Are you overclocking the uncore and the cores or just the cores? If you are just overclocking the cores and leaving the other stuff at stock frequencies then you shouldn't need to supplement the ring bus voltage.

I would not bother with unicore overclocking, the is no real world performance to be gained.

Unicode on my 4670k
1.2v will get me 4400 unicore when at 45ghz
1.25v will get me 4200 at 4.7ghz
Higher the clocks more voltage is needed to get unicore up
As stated I can only see the difference in benchmarks like getting cinebench over 200 on single core scores

It helps normal is advised to keep as close as possible but don't give up to much clock speed to get it. 40x - 44x should be easy on stock voltage

you want more with that even or every newer socket all that was already the ipc bump that was wanted more still sick.

So to get all 4 cores to 4.6ghz I shouldn't need to adjust the cpu ring voltage?

Most I've gotten it to is 4.3 and it was unstable, would randomly crash every few days

Unicode on my 4670k
1.2v will get me 4400 unicore when at 45ghz
1.25v will get me 4200 at 4.7ghz
Higher the clocks more voltage is needed to get unicore up
As stated I can only see the difference in benchmarks like getting cinebench over 200 on single core scores

It helps normal is advised to keep as close as possible but don't give up to much clock speed to get it. 40x - 44x should be easy on stock voltage

Unicode? Unicore? Did you mean to type "uncore"?

Back