• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those new to water-cooling....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

If you purchase EK products, follow their instructions carefully, especially number 2 when installing a GPU block.

1. This product is intended for installation only by expert users. Please consult with a qualified technician for installation.
2. Please remove your Graphics card from the computer to assure safest mounting process in order to prevent any possible damages to your GPU and/or graphics card circuit board (PCB).

Something tells me someone actually tried to install a block with the card still in the motherboard and went to EK after they ruined their card wanting them to replace it. It's like people not using a CPU cooler because Intel doesn't provide one any longer. :rofl:

If you purchase EK products, follow their instructions carefully, especially number 2 when installing a GPU block.

1. This product is intended for installation only by expert users. Please consult with a qualified technician for installation.
2. Please remove your Graphics card from the computer to assure safest mounting process in order to prevent any possible damages to your GPU and/or graphics card circuit board (PCB).

Something tells me someone actually tried to install a block with the card still in the motherboard and went to EK after they ruined their card wanting them to replace it. It's like people not using a CPU cooler because Intel doesn't provide one any longer. :rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Especially when leaving a 1 egg review on a Hydro Copper GPU because they were running the HC w/out a loop and the GPU was having a thermal shutdown only than to realize, they were upset at the fact that they weren't told they needed a liquid cooling loop for it.

Funny :) Im new to watercooling, and planning a new build hopefully in summer or after. Just waiting to see if those new Coffey cpu is worth waiting or not, and new 380 chipset wasn it?

Unfortunately, it is....... search the internet. :) I don't know about the current line of Intel CPU's, but I used to watch YouTube videos of someone removing the HSF from a running Intel and AMD. The Intel kept running, albeit like crap, while the AMD went poof.

Unfortunately, it is....... search the internet. :) I don't know about the current line of Intel CPU's, but I used to watch YouTube videos of someone removing the HSF from a running Intel and AMD. The Intel kept running, albeit like crap, while the AMD went poof.

That was a crazy number of years ago though. They added thermo probes and throttling to the BIOS many years ago.

But that means I believe both AMD and Intel CPU's would keep going without a HSF until the system shut off. Anyone want to try it? :)

Back